Liebster Award Nomination for Kathy by Design
Hello, Friends! Today, I have no card to share….just this little announcement that I have received a Liebster Award nomination from my sweet blog buddy, Joann Jamieson- Larkin of Castlepark Designs This award helps bring awareness to blogs with fewer than 300 followers . You’ll find the rules for participating and my list of nominees below.
Joann and I are on the Heartfelt Creations design team, and I have totally fallen in love with her amazing 3-D paper creations and intricate fancy fold cards. Visit her blog and I promise you will be delighted and amazed. Thanks, Joann, for this Liebster Award Nomination! I’m really honored!
Rules for participating in the Liebster Award Nominations
- Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and answer the questions they presented;
- Link back to the blogger who awarded you;
- Copy & paste the pink Liebster Award logo to your blog;
- Nominate 5 blogs to receive the award who have less than 300 followers. Create a new list of 11 questions for them; and
- Inform them of their nomination.
Here are Joann’s questions for me:
1. What is the ONE thing you cannot resist purchasing when you walk into a craft store?
That’s easy. It’s paper! Paper is absolutely my obsession. I have enough paper to last me for
several lifetimes. And I keep telling myself: “No more paper!” But then I walk into a craft store and see some beautiful color or pattern or image, and I start imagining what I can create with it…and into the shopping cart it goes. I’m hopeless!
2. If you could do anything in your life, what would it be? This one made me have to stop and think. I’m a pretty contented gal, and am greatly enjoying the season of life I’m in right now. I’m on some great design teams, having lots of fun with my blog. I am Nana to two of the most darling little girls on the face of the earth. I’m mom to 5 incredible grown children…and the wife of 38 years to my incredibly supportive and loving husband. I can’t imagine anything better than this…although I do have a yearning to attend a CHA event sometime…and maybe take a Viking River Cruise. LOL
3. Do you have a special spot where you craft?
I have converted our daughters’ old bedroom on the sunny, east side of our home into my studio. I share the space with my husband, who has his office in one small corner of the room. I keep taking up more and more of the space. Poor thing! My desk is a re-purposed butcher block table top mounted on two filing cabinets and it sits in the window nook of the room. It’s a lovely place to work, and I am so thankful for it.
4.How many scrapbooking supplies do you have that your significant other doesn’t know about?
I can honestly say, none. Dale is probably my biggest cheerleader and has actually purchased many of my favorite tools. He built my desk, my cutting table, custom shelving and has purchased lots of my supplies for me. He’s my biggest cheerleader. And since we share the space, he sees it all! LOL
5) What is your favorite product/brand that you reach for every time you create a project?
This is also a tough one. As much as I love my papers, I use Ranger Distress Ink and Archival Inks on almost everything I create….and I’m learning to use and love Distress Paints and Stains as well. These products help me create the vintage look I love so much.
6. Do you like to stage your photos or do you like to have them stand by themselves with a neutral background?
I’ve done both…but I lean more toward standing on their own with a neutral background. I find it less distracting.
7. Do you own a digital cutting machine?
Yes, but I almost never use it. I like my Cuttlebug and Grand Calibur because it’s easier for me to see the project develop this way. I am trying to use my Silhouette machine more, though.
8. What is the one card/project you are most proud of?
Wow…another tough one to answer. I make so many different kinds of projects: cards, canvases, altered art, mixed media, layouts, mini albums. I don’t know that I could pick just one for all time….but my most recent favorite is this mini album made for Craft Hoarders Anonymous. It’s a Ladies’ Diary mini album:
You can find all the details and loads of photos for this project HERE.
9. How many hours a week do you craft?
Too many!!!! LOL At the moment, I am on 4 design teams and I also do freelance art on the side, so a minimum of 35 hours a week….and as much as 50 when I am crunching deadlines. My projects tend to be detail laden, and that takes time.
10. Do you have any special storage solutions for your supplies.
My husband built me custom shelving to hold my 12 x12 papers. And I use a lot of wooden clementine crates, clear over the door shoe organizers, that sort of thing.
11. What was your favorite vacation?
In 2005, my husband and I took 3 weeks off to tour Ireland by car. It was our second trip there, and we had no set plans. We just drove until we found a place we wanted to visit, stayed in fabulous B&B’s and ate incredible food. It was relaxing, fun and romantic.
Here are my nominations for the Liebster Award:
Donna Idlet Creative Lady
Jan Marie Ennenga Re-Creations
Elizabeth Lincoln Paper Passtimes
Regina Hamilton My World, My Solitude
Penny O’Dell Crafts by Design
I hope you’ll take the time to pop in and visit these amazing artists…I know you will be inspired!
Here’s my list of questions for my nominees to answer:
- Why and when did you begin crafting?
- What type of crafter are you: clean & simple, shabby chic, vintage, grunge, mixed media, etc?
- What’s your favorite time of day to craft?
- What’s your favorite crafting TOOL?
- Do you work primarily from sketches, or your own imagination?
- What’s your favorite beverage?
- Name 5 things that are on your desktop right now.
- Who are some of your crafting heroes, artists you follow?
- What’s your biggest crafting blooper?
- What’s your favorite crafting technique?
- What do you do when you are NOT in the craft room?
Thanks for stopping by. I’d love to have you join me as I continue this wonderful artistic adventure. You can sign up to follow my blog at the top of my sidebar. I keep in close touch with my followers…because they make me happy
right down to the tips of my crafty little fingers!