Happy Blogiversary to Me! 5 year Blogiversary Giveaway!
Hello, Friends! I’m late, I’m late for a very important date! With all the excitement of creating for and traveling to CHA, I completely forgot to celebrate my 5 year Blogiversary! That’s right, I started blogging on January 13, 2013. So I’m late for my 5 Year Blogiversary Giveaway! This is my annual opportunity to say thank you to my faithful followers for joining me on this crafty journey.
I’ve had loads of fun combing through The Closet of Shame looking for fun goodies that I think you all might enjoy adding to your crafty stash. So let’s take a peek at what’s up for grabs in this year’s Blogiversary Giveaway!
15 Retired Heartfelt Creations Cling Stamp Sets
To start with, I have a selection of retired Heartfelt Creations Cling Stamp Sets. Some of these have never been inked up, others have been gently used but still have a lot of life in them. A few have no fancy packaging, as they were items I received while serving on the Heartfelt Creations Design Team.
- From the Sparkling Poinsettia Collection:
- HCPC 3681 Sparkling Poinsettia Candle
- HCPC 3682 Sparkling Poinsettia Swirl
- HCPC 3683 Joy to the World
- HCPC 3684 Sparkling Poinsettia Notes
- Blazing Poppy Collection
- HCPC 3675 Poppy Corner and Border
- HCPC 3676 Blazing Poppy Vase
- HCPC 3677 Blazing Poppy Stems
- HCPC Blazing Poppy Fillers
- From the Cascading Fuchsia Collection
- HCPC 3669 Vining Fuchsia
- HCPC 3670 Fuchsia Spray
- HCPC 3671 Fuchsia Clusters
- HCPC 3672 Fuchsia Bouquet
- Miscellaneous Stamp Sets
- HCPC 3667 from Everyday Heroes Collection- You Inspire ME
- HCPC 3531 High Seas Set from Balmy Breeze
- HCPC 3527 Seascape Cling Stamp Set
Crafty Secrets Papers and HOTP Album
As many of you know, I was on the Crafty Secrets design team for quite a while. While cleaning out the closet, I found a big stack of beautiful digital papers that I had printed off while serving on the team. Some of these are printed as 8×8 images, and some are 8×10. There are 75 different pattern and image papers, all printed in high resolution. I also found a 6″ x 12 pad of the Crafty Secrets Pastels papers. These would be great to use for card making, junkque journaling or even in mixed media. I added in this 8×8 Mini album so you can have fun with that, too!
Crafty Secrets Creative Scraps, Stickers and Creative Cuts
These Creative Scraps from Crafty Secrets are so much fun to use when making cards and tags. I added in some cute sticker sheet, Vintage Cuts and 3 little Journal Notes and Image pads. These have always been a favorite!
Ranger Apron, Susan’s Garden Dies, Graphic 45 Stamp Set and collage papers
To round out this 5 Year Blogiversary Giveaway bundle, I have a Ranger Craft Apron, Graphic 45 Children’s Hour Cling Stamp Set, Collage papers, 4 Susan’s Garden Dies and a Cheery Lynne Die.
Phew! If there’s any extra space left in the mailing box, I’ll add in some surprise goodies, too.
5 Year Blogiversary Giveaway Rules
- Due to high international postage rates, this giveaway is only open to addresses in the contiguous US. I wish I could afford to ship internationally, but the postage rates are simply too rich for my blood.
- I will, however, pick 3 international followers to receive a PDF Tutorial for my On the Boardwalk Mini Album. I can e-mail that to you!
- You must be a follower of my blog to win.
- Indicate in your comment that you are an international or a US follower so I know which prize pool to place you in.
- You must comment on this blog post before 11:59PM EST Sunday, February 18th, 2018.
One US winner will be randomly chosen to win all the goodies seen here. I’ll post the name of the winner at the top of this blog post, and announce the winner on my Kathy by Design Facebook Page on Tuesday, February 20th. Three international winners will also be randomly chosen to win a PDF Tutorial. I will also contact the winners via e-mail. They will then have 72 hours to respond or I will choose an alternate winner.
More Ways to Win
If you’d like more chances to win, here are some ways to earn additional entries:
- I’m posting this giveaway on my Facebook page. Comment there and become a follower for an additional chance to win.
- Share this giveaway with your friends on Facebook and tag @KathybyDesign in the post. That’s another entry!
- Follow me on Instagram
- Subscribe to my Kathy by Design YouTube Channel, view a video and leave a comment to let me know you’ve subscribed.
- Did you know i sell my artwork on ETSY? Pop on over to my ETSY SHOP and favorite it for another entry!
- Follow my Pinterest Page
Thank You, and a Brief History
When I started this blog in 2013, I didn’t even know what I was doing. I just felt an inner nudge that said, “Start that blog!” I look back at those early posts and shudder at my meager abilities. My photography was terrible, my projects were a hot mess, and I stumbled through every single post.
Within 3 months of making my first blog post, I received a notification from Heartfelt Creations that they were holding a design team audition. I decided to go for it, mostly as a sort of training exercise. I thought it would be good practice to put myself out there and reach for something that I felt was beyond me.
To my great surprise, I made it past the first round auditions, and then the finals and found myself a member of a very prestigious and well-loved design team. I nearly fell out of my chair when I was notified! Heartfelt Creations will always hold a very special place in my heart because they gave me a chance when no one else would.
Being on that team caused me to grow as an artist…and it also opened other doors. I began to design for the Crafty Secrets team…and then Really Reasonable Ribbon…..and I started trying out for Graphic 45. I began to play in online challenges, and ended up being invited to join the lovely artists on the Frilly and Funkie Design team for The Funkie Junkie Boutique. What a huge honor!
After 3 heroic efforts, I finally won that brass ring and found a spot on the Graphic 45 Design team. About a year after that, I was asked to join my beloved Authentique Paper team.
All the while, behind the scenes I have been working hard to grow in my art, improve the quality of my photos and hone my blogging skills. I’ve had to learn my way around social media, too. And the biggest challenge of all was learning how to shoot and edit YouTube videos. I find myself in a constant learning curve, and as soon as I master one new thing, there’s another one to take on!
For those of you who think I’m lucky, I would agree…but I would also say, “luck without hard work won’t take you very far!”
Finally, I want to thank each and every one of you, especially those who have been with me from the early days of this blog. You have endured my amateur creations and photos. You have been so generous with your kind comments and encouraging words. You’ve kept me motivated and inspired to keep learning and keep improving. I am so humbled by your friendship and thrilled to have you on the journey with me. Thank you.
Thanks for stopping by!