An Ode to Little Women: Graphic 45 Easel Card Folio for CHA/Creativation
Hello, G45’ers! Did you have a favorite book when you were growing up? One that you read over and over and never tired of? For me, that book was Louisa May Alcott’s Little Women. I’ve lost count of the many times I got lost in the lives of the brave, loving and wise saga of the March family. (My favorite was Jo, of course!) So when Graphic 45 released the Little Women collection, I decided to create a big, big card to reflect the large role this book played in my life. This 8×8 Graphic 45 Easel Card Folio is truly an ode to Little Women.
- Mat images on black cardstock to really make them pop.
- Add designer paper to Staples Black ATC tags to add style and easy layers to your card design.
How to Create a Graphic 45 Easel Card Folio
Easel cards look complicated, but they are actually very easy to create. There are several different ways to make them, and you can find lots of variations on Pinterest. This is how I created this 8″ square easel card:
- First, create the card base. Because this card is so large, I worked with a 12″ x 18″ piece of black cardstock. You can purchase this large cardstock at Envelopes.com.
- Now, cut the cardstock to measure 8″ wide x 16″ long.
- Next, score it in half on the long side and fold to make a standard top fold card base.
- Then score the bottom panel in half again at 4″ . Fold this flap in toward the fold. This creates the easel mechanism for the card.
- You will build your card front on a separate piece of 8″ square black cardstock.
- The final step is gluing the bottom half of the card front to the flap. Don’t glue above the fold or the easel mechanism won’t work.
Graphic 45 Easel Card Folio: The Details
This Staples Antique Metal Door Plate and Knob is the perfect accent for the Little Women collection. It fits beautifully with the vintage vibe of the pretty papers.
Die cut and mat an image from a 4×6 Ephemera card to create a stylish focal for your card front.
Tie a Shabby Chic Clock Key to a Staples ATC tag to create an interesting dimensional element on your card.
Turn an Antique Metal Door Pull upside down, then fill with flowers! This is such a fun way to add dimension to a design. Create a stopper for the easel card by backing a border strip with foam tape or waste chipboard. This way, the card can stand upright for display.
An Ode to Little Women Graphic 45 Easel Card Folio: A Peek at the Inside
The large format of this easel card provides you with the ability to add fun interactive elements to the interior. I’ve created some mini folios and pockets using ephemera cards, ATC tags and images from the cut apart page.
The ephemera cards in this collection are especially beautiful! Don’t be afraid to use the “B” sides! I’ve cut this 4″ x 6″ ephemera card down, then turned it into a pocket to house these decorated tags and a mini folio.
And see these decorative panels? They are more than just pretty pictures!
They open to reveal a spot for photos and hidden journaling. This would be such a great way to commemorate a special event!
I hope I’ve shared some tips, tricks and ideas that you can use in your own crafty adventures. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Graphic 45 Little Women 12×12 Collection
- Little Women
- Full Bloom
- Sisterly Love
- Something Splendid
- Literary Lessons
- Little Women Ephemera Cards
- Metal Staples
- Staples Black ATC Tags
- Black Satin Ribbon
- Spellbinder’s Oval Majesty Etched Die
- Spellbinders Classic Oval Nestabilities Die
- Paper Flowers