Autumn Dreams Mixed Media Card with Prima Autumn Sunset
I pulled my Mixed Media Boots out of the Closet of Shame to make this card, and oh, I had such fun! Here’s how the card front came together.
- First, create a 5 1/2″ square card base from kraft cardstock.
- Next, distress a 5 3/8″ panel of the check pattern from Prima Autumn Sunset.
- Then stitch a 5 1/8″ square of a neutral linen fabric to the check panel.
- Now the real fun starts! I wanted to tone down the printed black images on this fabric that I found in my stash, so I painted it randomly with a coat of white gesso.
- Then add a layer of Prima Copper Crackle Texture through a Tim Holtz autumn leaves stencil. You have to wait for this to dry, so set it aside and work on something else.
Autumn Dreams Mixed Media Card: Working While I’m Waiting
While waiting for that linen panel to dry, complete these steps:
- First, cut a 4 1/4″ x 4 1/4″ panel of Sour Apple Cardstock. Distress the edges lightly and ink with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink.
- Next, cut a 4″ x 4″ panel of Autumn Sunset from the 6″ x 6″ pad. Stitch this to the Sour Apple Cardstock.
- Now, heat emboss a laser cut chipboard doily . The doily I used is from Laserowe Love. The embossing is two-step process. First emboss with Seth Apter Dusk Baked Velvet. Then emboss with Emerald Creek Fractured Ice Embossing powder.
- Now, back the chipboard element from Autumn Dreams with dimensionals and adhere in the center of the doily.
- Then adhere a large yellow flower in the center of the doily. The one is used is from the Troika Plum pack of flowers. (retired)
- Place dimensionals on the back of the chipboard fawn and adhere in the center of the flower.
- Back the sentiment strip with dimensionals and adhere.
- Finish things off with a bit of Spanish Moss.
Autumn Dreams Mixed Media Card: The Bow Cluster
To make the bow cluster follow these easy steps:
- Select the Brown/Cream 3/8″ plaid ribbon from the RRR August Ribbon Club Assortment.
- Tie a 2 1/2″ double loop bow and adhere to the left of the doily.
- Finally, adhere 2 Wild Orchard Crafts Mixed Earth Tone Roses on top of the bow.
By now, the texture paste should be dry enough for you to assemble the card layers. I added extra dimension by backing the Sour Apple panel with dimensionals before adhering to the card base.
Autumn Dreams Mixed Media Card: A Peek Inside
Inside the card I added some pretty paper layers and a pocket.
Create a little folio from scraps of the apple green cardstock.
Then fill it with a matching tea bag and honey stick.
I think this would make such a pretty new baby card…or birthday…or get well…or anniversary…you get the idea!
I hope I shared some tips, tricks and techniques that you can use in your own crafty adventures. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
Thanks for stopping by!