Bundle Up Wintry All Occasion Card Tutorial with Authentique Snowfall Collection
Hello, Friends! If you’re having trouble getting your creative mojo back in gear after the holidays, this Bundle Up Wintry All Occasion Card Tutorial is sure to help! I’ve used the adorable Authentique Snowfall collection to create a quick and easy card that’s perfect for winter birthdays, get well wishes, or just to say hello.
Let’s Get Our Craft On!
- First, create the 5 1/2″ square card base with an 8 1/2″ x 11″ piece of heavy cardstock.
- Next, trim it to measure 5 1/2″ x 11″, then score on the long side at 5 1/2″ and fold to form a simple card base.
- Now mat a 5 1/4″ square of the snowflake pattern from Snowfall 3 on a 5 3/8″ square Authentique Spectrum Antique Lace cardstock.
- Then create a belly band by matting a 5 1/4″ x 3 3/4″ panel of Snowfall One Plaid on a 5 1/4″ x 4″ panel of Spectrum Forest Green Cardstock.
You can choose to machine stitch these layers together as I did, or simply adhere in place.
Bundle Up Wintry All Occasion Card Tutorial: Adding the Details
- Punch the 3 banners from the Snowfall Element Sheet and mat on both Antique Lace and Forest Green Spectrum Cardstock.
- To add a frosty edge to the banners, sand them lightly before matting.
- Now place dimensionals on the back of the banners and adhere to the card front.
TIP: Place the middle banner first so that your design will be centered properly. Then add the two side banners.
- Next, adhere the die cut snowflakes. We will discuss how I embossed them in the video tutorial below.
- Die cut and heat emboss Tim Holtz Skeleton Leaves. Adhere the stems under the left hand banner.
- Now add a Blue/Gold Plaid Bow and some flowers.
- Place dimensionals on the back of the snowflake icons. Top with bitty buttons and adhere.
- Place dimensionals behind the “Bundle Up” tab and adhere at the top of the card.
For a great snowy finish, spatter the card with diluted white acrylic paint. Dry brush the edges with Stamperia Sparkling White Glamour Gel.
Bundle Up Wintry All Occasion Card Tutorial: A Peek Inside
The inside of this card is simply fun!
- First, cut (2) 5 3/8″ panels of cardstock to line the base. Sand the edges if desired
- Now, find a scrap of the plaid pattern that is about 1 1/2″ wide x 5 3/8″ long. Adhere just the top, bottom and left hand side to form a shallow tea bag pocket.
- Then punch out the “frosty mornings” ticket from the Elements sheet and adhere.
- Cut a 5 3/8″ wide belly band from the plaid paper and adhere.
- Now adhere a blank panel of cream cardstock in the center where you can add your sentiment.
That’s it! Easy Peasy! You can watch me make this card live in the video tutorial below.
Bundle Up Wintry All Occasion Card Tutorial Video
You can use this basic card design as a “recipe” for other card projects, too. Sometimes I like to just make a big old stack of these simple cards to have on hand, or to add to orders from my Etsy Shop as a thank you gift.
I hope I’ve shared some tips, tricks and ideas that you can use in your own crafty adventures. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Authentique Paper
- Mixed Media