Merry and Bright Christmas Tag and Pocket Card Tutorial
Canvas Corp Brands/ Petaloo Blog Hop
Hello Friends! I’m so glad you stopped by today, because not only do I have some sweet projects and tutorials to share with you, but there’s a fun Canvas Corp Brands/Petaloo Blog Hop where you can get yourself all inspired for the holidays AND win a fabby prize package of goodies from the sponsoring companies. Woo-hoo!
Canvas Corp Brands will be hopping along with Petaloo all this week in the Creative Studio Blog. Be sure to pop on over and take in all the wonderful Christmas projects the design team has prepared for you. All week long you’ll find step out tutorials and fabulous holiday inspiration. You’ll find all the info for winning the awesome Canvas Corp Brands/Petaloo International prize package there, too! For a second chance to win, visit the Petaloo Blog each day this week and you could win one of THREE fabulous prize packages.
Have you seen the Farmhouse Christmas and Holiday Baking collections from Canvas Corp? Oh, how I love these “vintage fresh” papers and pretties! I combined them with Petaloo Paintable flowers and Tattered Angels Mists to create some very merry Christmas projects.
Oooh, just look at all the texture in this 5″ x 7″ pocket card! Using red burlap, red canvas ticking, Lobster Glimmer Mist, Farmhouse Christmas Tags with those scrumptious Paintable Burlap Flowers gives this card a rustic, festive feeling.
I painted my burlap flowers with the mist, then added a light coating of Ranger Clear Rock Candy Distress Crackle so that I could shake on some Stampendous Shaved Ice glitter. I love the way they look as thought they’ve been dusted with snow. I tapped my Farmhouse Christmas Label with a little Lobster Mist as well, because, well, why not?
The inside of the card reveals a fun little pocket, stuffed with an individual serving of cocoa mix. This is such a fun “little gift” for holiday exchanges, and there’s plenty of room to tuck in an individually wrapped cookie, chocolate or gift card, too.
I know everyone’s always looking for simple ideas for holiday hostesses, ornament exchanges, or Secret Santa gifts at this time of year. One way to dress up a really simple Christmas gift is with a handmade tag.
This fabric tag uses red ticking fabric, red burlap, a Petaloo Burlap Blossom, Butterflies and Blossoms and DIY Burlap Flowers. I created the large blossom as before, but the little cream flower was just dipped into the Lobster Glimmer mist on the edges, and I opted to leave the little burlap flowers plain for contrast. The burlap poinsettia in the top corner was lightly misted with Lobster Mist for a completely different look.
I hope you found some holiday inspiration and cheer in these two projects. I’m so glad you hopped by! Look for the tutorials below.
Merry and Bright Tag Tutorial
Red Ticking Fabric
Petaloo Ivory DIY Blossoms
Petaloo Ivory DIY Butterflies and Blossoms
Petaloo Ivory DiY Blooms
Miniature Glitter Ornament
Ranger Clear Rock Candy Distress Crackle
Stampendous Frantage Shaved Ice
Tattered Angels Lobster Glimmer Mist
Farmhouse Christmas Tags on Ivory
Red polka dot organza ribbon
Santa’s Journey tag
Tim Holtz Mini Stapler
Hot Glue Gun
- Cut a 4″ x 6.5″ rectangle of red ticking fabric. Fringe the edges.
- Cut a 3.5x 5.5″ rectangle of Ivory Burlap, fringe the edges and center on the red ticking.
- Cut a 2″ x 5″ rectangle of red burlap. Fringe the edges and place to the right of the Ivory Burlap.
- Stitch the burlap to the ticking. Cut out the sled tag from Farmhouse Christmas. Stitch to the ticking. Add buttons.
- Spray 2 Petaloo DIY Burlap Blossoms with Lobster Glimmer Mist. Dry with heat gun, scrunching the petals as you go. Brush with Distress Crackle. Sprinkle with Shaved Ice Frantage.
- Touch just the tips of a Petaloo DIY Butterfly Blossom into the ink on your craft sheet, coloring just the edges. Use a hot glue gun to attach the flowers to the lower right hand corner of the tag, as shown. Tuck in the gift tag from Santa’s Journey.
- Use the Tim Holtz Stapler to attach ribbon to the top right and left hand corners of the tag to create a loop.
- Tie a fancy bow with the polka dot ribbon and use the glue gun to attach in the upper left hand corner of the tag.
- Loop a piece of red burlap string through the top of the miniature ornament. Tie a knot, then glue to the center of the bow. Top with the remaining Petaloo Flower.
- Spread a little glue at the base of the sled tag and sprinkle with Shaved Ice.
Merry and Bright Christmas Card with Pocket Tutorial
Kraft & White Lace Cardstock
Farmhouse Christmas Printed Canvas
Farmhouse Christmas Tags on Ivory
Red Ticking Canvas
Petaloo DIY Burlap Blossoms/Ivory
Rusty Jingle Bells
Polka Dot Red Organza
Stampendous Frantage Shaved Ice
Ranger Distress Crackle, Clear Rock Candy
Red Burlap string
TA Lobster Mist
TA Dazzling Diamonds Mist
Black and Ivory French Script
Red Ticking CS
Red Toile CS
Black and Ivory Mini Dot reverse CS
Instant Cocoa Pouch
Farmhouse Christmas Stripe on Ivory
Mini Christmas Stocking trim from the fabric store
- Use White Lace on Kraft cardstock to Create a 5″ x 7″ top fold card with inner pocket. I have tutorials on my blog for doing this. Spray with TA Diamond GM
- Cut a 4.75″ x 6.75″ rectangle of red burlap and fringe the edges.
- Cut a 4.5″ x 6.5″ rectangle of Farmhouse Christmas printed canvas and fringe the edges. Center on the red burlap and stitch both layers to the card base.
- Cut out the Merry Christmas Sentiment from Farmhouse Christmas Tags paper and sew onto a slightly larger piece of red ticking fabric. Fringe the edges of the ticking,then attach to the card as shown.
- Spray 3 Petaloo DIY Burlap Blossoms with Lobster Glimmer Mist. Dry with heat gun, scrunching the petals as you go. Brush with Distress Crackle. Sprinkle with Shaved Ice Frantage. When they are dry, glue into the lower right hand corner of the MErry Christmas sentiment, as shown.
- Tie a burlap string bow and tuck beneath the flowers.
- Tie a fancy bow with the red dot organza. Glue in the top left corner of the Merry Christmas Sentiment. Top with Jingle Bells.
- Line the top inside of the card with French Script and Mini Dot paper. Cut out the Merry Little Christmas tag and glue as shown. Top with stocking embellishment
- Line the bottom of the card with red toile, and the pocket flap with red ticking. Cut the Happy Holiday Stripe from the Farmhouse Christmas Stripe paper and glue on the pocket base.
- Tie a pouch of cocoa mix with a red bow and insert into pocket.