Authentique Liberty Pie Shaker Card Folio with Really Reasonable Ribbon
Hello, Friends! Memorial Day is upon us, so I thought it would be fun to share this Authentique Liberty Pie Shaker Card Folio with you all.
This 5″ x 7″ top fold card folio features a really fun shaker frame focal. Here’s how I made it:
- First, paint a Tim Holtz Lace Baseboard Frame with Picket Fence Distress Paint.
- Next, while the paint is still wet, sprinkle it with Rajni Chawla’s Crystal Clear Glitter. Carefully tap the excess off into a funnel tray, or a piece of printer paper.
- Set the frame aside to dry completely.
- Now, cut a 3″ x 4″ panel of clear cardstock.
- Next, adhere the cardstock to the back of the frame. Use Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive, or Scor-Tape.
- Back the frame with 3 layers of foam tape, or white chipboard. I use chipboard.
- Then fill the frame with Lilac Lane Stars ‘n Stripes Premium Shaker Mix.
- Trim the image of the patriotic pie lady to fit the frame and adhere.
Authentique Liberty Pie Shaker Card Folio: The Ribbon
Tie a bold and beautiful Electric Blue Diamond Satin Bow and adhere it in the lower right hand corner of the frame. This gorgeous ribbon is part of the RRR May Ribbon Club Assortment. Top this with a loopy Gold Metallic String Bow and a red posy.
Note: because so many of you ask, the die cut behind the focal image is a combination of the Heartfelt Creations Circle Basics Large and Eyelet Circle Dies.
Authentique Liberty Pie Shaker Card Folio: The Flower Cluster
To go with the pie theme of this fun card, I added some (retired) Petaloo Blueberry picks to my Little Birdie Roses, WOC Gold Bead/Berry Clusters, and Glitter Stars.
Authentique Liberty Pie Shaker Card Folio: A Peek Inside
Oh, look! It’s a party! Here’s a flip page and a pocket detail tucked inside the card.
To make the flip page, cut a 7 1/2″ x 6 7/8″ panel of Authentique Spectrum Tricycle Red Cardstock. Score it just short of 5″ on the long side and fold to form a flap. Then cut a couple of 4″ x 3″ images from the Liberty Collection and mat them on Old Glory Spectrum Cardstock. Adhere these on the front side of the flip page, then decorate the back as you see fit.
Create a 4″ x 6″ envelope with an envelope punch board. Adhere the envelop flap to the card base. This is a really quick and easy way to make a flip element for a card. Tuck the recipe inside the envelope.
To fill the bottom pocket, create a magnet! Place 2 Large Basic Grey Magnets on the back of the mason jar image. Stitch the image onto a panel of red canvas ticking that you’ve edged with burlap trim. Top with a double loop bow tied with 3/8″ Patriotic Plaid Ribbon.
I can’t believe the summer holidays are already upon us! The year is really flying by! I’d like to take this opportunity to thank all those who have served in our military, or offered up a loved one in service. I salute you!
Did you find some tips, tricks and techniques you can use in today’s post? If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below! To check out another fun patriotic card made with the Authentique Liberty Collection, Click HERE.
Thanks for stopping by!