Authentique Sea Maiden Beachy Thank You Shaker Card
Hello, Friends! If you have followed my blog for any length of time, you know how very much I love the beach. Two days after Valentine’s Day, Dale and I ran away to the shore to celebrate our 43rd wedding anniversary. One of Dale’s customers owns a lovely oceanfront condo in Myrtle Beach and gave us great off season rates for a weekend rental. Can you say heaven on earth? To thank them for their kindness, I created this Authentique Sea Maiden Beachy Thank You Card. The color palette of this paper collection matches their decor so perfectly that I (almost) could not wait to get home and make it for them.
My favorite fancy fold card design has to be the easel card. The fact that they stand upright allows them to double as home decor. .
TIP: Score a 1/2″ spine when creating the card base to allow the card cover to fold neatly over the floral elements.
Once again, I’ve used a Tim Holtz Vignette Frame as the box for my shaker element. (Learn how to create this shaker frame element HERE.)
TIP: Mat the 3″ wide “stopper” for the easel with waste chipboard. This will elevate it just enough to act as a brake when the easel card is opened for display. You can also mat the Sea Maiden oval Cardstock Component sentiment on waste chipboard to further elevate the stopper.
Authentique Sea Maiden Beachy Thank You Shaker Card: Make Your Own Embellishments!
It’s a snap to create this realistic looking seahorse and starfish. Here’s how:
- First, die cut a chipboard seahorse and starfish using the Tim Holtz Sizzix Sand & Sea Die.
- Next, die cut a second seahorse from the pretty blue mosaic tile paper. Adhere to the chipboard seahorse.
- Now, Ink the edges with brown Distress Ink.
- Then cover the entire shape with an even layer of Versamark Embossing Ink.
- Now place the chipboard in a funnel tray or over a clean piece of printer paper. Sprinkle on a generous coating of Emerald Creek Fractured Ice Allure Powder. Remove from the funnel tray, gently tap off the excess and heat emboss. When finished, pour the extra powder back into the jar.
Authentique Sea Maiden Beachy Thank You Shaker Card: Dirty Sand
TIP: Prevent burned fingertips by holding the chipboard between tweezers.
- Let the seahorse cool while you work on the starfish. Begin by sponging Ground Espresso Distress Ink all over the surface of the chipboard starfish.
- Next, cover it with Versamark Embossing ink and heat emboss with Fractured Ice, as you did the seahorse. The brown ink will come through the embossed layer, which looks really cool. Set this aside and go back to the seahorse.
- Randomly tap the cooled seahorse with Versamark. Sprinkle on Seth Apter Dirty Sand Baked Texture. If you get too much, brush some away with your finger. Heat emboss as before. Do a happy dance at the wonderful texture you’ve just created!
- Repeat this step with the starfish, but add more Baked Sand for realistic texture.
I’ll add a linked supply list below for your convenience.
I hope this Authentique Sea Maiden Beachy Shaker Thank You Card post has given you some tips, tricks and inspiration for your own crafty adventures. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
Thanks for stopping by!
Authentique Sea Maiden Beachy Thank You Shaker Card Supply List
- Sea Maiden 12 x 12 Collection Kit (comes with Cardstock Components Sheet)
- 2 sheets each aqua and coral cardstock
- Tim Holtz Vignette Frame
- Sand and Sea Sizzix Bigz Die
- heavy white chipboard
- Tumbled Glass and Antique Linen Distress Paint
- Ground Espresso Distress Ink
- Versamark Embossing Ink
- Fractured Ice Allure Powder from Emerald Creek
- Seth Apter Dirty Sand Baked Texture
- 1/2″ Foam Tape
- Clear Cardstock
- Sparkletz Cactus Sequin Mix
- Champagne Wrinkled Ribbon
- Flowers from my stash
- Sea Shell from the Beach
- Petaloo Stick Pins (retired)