Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog Hop: Nautical Themed Accordion Folio
Hello, Friends! For this month’s RRR Blog Hop, I have a Nautical Themed Accordion Folio adorned with the May Ribbon Club Assortment. If you are coming here from Karen’s lovely blog, then you are right on track. I look forward to the red, white and blue assortment every year. And these Vintage Patriotic Ribbons do not disappoint!
Nautical Themed Accordion Folio: A Ribbon Frame
Use the Chevron Striped Ribbon to create a ribbon frame for this 6 1/2″ square accordion folio cover. Simply attach the ribbon to a paper frame with 1/4″ Scor-Tape. I did miter the corners, but you don’t really need to. Placing buttons in the corners makes everything look neat and tidy. Scarlet Delicate Stitched Satin topped with Natural Burlap String makes a lovely bow. Th e ribbon closure for the folio is made with Light Navy Delicate Stitched Satin.
Add a snippet of the Vintage Patriotic Swiss Dots Ribbon to the spine. The add more beach themed charms.
Nautical Themed Accordion Folio: A Peek Inside
Here’s a look at the interactive elements tucked inside this accordion style folio. I’ve added pockets, mini folios and flap pages, banners, tags, and tip in pages.
This ribbon collection could not be a more perfect match for the Authentique Voyage papers!
On With the Hop
Your next stop on the hop is Cherry’s sweet blog. After you take a look at her paper pretties, hop on over to the RRR BLOG to answer Bonnie’s Question of the Month. Then you’ll be entered into the drawing for a free May Ribbon Club Assortment.
If you’re not a subscriber to the Monthly Ribbon Club, now is a great time to join. You can find out all about it and sign up HERE.
Enjoy the hop!
Hello, Friends! This Nautical Friendship Card is a quick and easy make thanks to some lovely ribbons and beautiful papers! And how much do we love the sentiment on the cover? I paired up three ribbons from the RRR February Ribbon Club with these gorgeous Authentique Voyager papers. Let’s take a closer look!
Nautical Friendship Card: The Details
- First, create a 5″ x 7″ top fold card base from kraft cardstock.
- Next, stitch around the perimeter of the 4 7/8″ x 6 7/8″ navy blue stars paper.
- Then, Cut a 4 1/2″ x 6 1/2″ panel of the horizontal blue striped paper. Mat this on slightly larger panels of cream and kraft cardstock. Stitch around the perimeter.
- Now, run 1/2″ Scor-Tape down the left hand side of the panel. Let the ends of the tape run about 1″ longer than the height of the panel.
- Burnish a piece of Tan Delicate Stitched Satin Ribbon onto the Scor-Tape Border, then wrap the overhang around to the back side of the panel. Now you have a really neat and clean edge top and bottom.
- Then repeat this step using the Brown and Blue Chevron Striped Grosgrain Ribbon with 1/4″ Scor-Tape.
- Adhere the panel to the card base.
- Now, cut a double ended fish tail banner from a 3″ x 7″ panel of paper. (To make fishtail ends, just fold the paper in half and make a diagonal cut from the fold to the corner.) Adhere to the card base.
- Die cut an oval from the woodgrain paper. Back with dimensionals and adhere.
- Next, mat a 3″ x 4″ Life Card on both cream and kraft cardstock. Back with dimensionals and adhere.
Finish the card with a gorgeous Light Navy Bow topped with Gold Metallic String and a gold button. I poked around in the jewelry box to find this nautical pendant that was the perfect finishing touch!
Nautical Friendship Card: A Peek Inside
Keep the inside shipshape with a simple pocket and a blank sentiment panel.
I hope I’ve shared some tips, tricks and inspiration that you can use in your next crafty adventure. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below. I’ve linked supplies for you below.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Really Reasonable Ribbon
- Authentique Paper Voyager
- Buttons and charms from my stash