Heartfelt Creations May Alumni Blog Hop: Pocket Full of Poppies All Occasion Card
Hello, Friends! Welcome to the Heartfelt Creations May Alumni Blog Hop! I’m kicking the festivities off with this Pocket Full of Poppies All Occasion card made with the gorgeous Blazing Poppies Collection.
- Heartfelt Creations Products
- Other Products
- Orange Cardstock
- Versamark Ink Pad
- Gold Embossing Powder
- Black Soot Distress Stain
- Dried Marigold Distress Paint
- Scattered Straw Distress Embossing Powder
- Art Glitter Angel Dust Ultrafine Transparent Glitter
- Designer Dries Clear Adhesive
- Hot Glue Gun and other Standard crafting tools
- Oriental Poppy Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist
- Black Gingham Ribbon/Gold Metallic String (Really Reasonable Ribbon)
- Vintage Photo Distress Ink
Pocket Full of Poppies Tips and Tricks
- Cut a panel of designer paper slightly smaller than your card base.
- Ink the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. Spritz with water. Glue to card base.
- Remove the center of a 5″ x 7″ premade card panel with the Cut, Mat, Create Die
- Use foam tape or waste cardboard around the edges of the card opening.
- Center and glue onto prepared card base.
- Stamp several sets of poppies in Versamark ink onto cardstock.
- Heat emboss with Gold Embossing Powder.
- Ink Centers with Black Soot Distress Stain.
- Brush edges with Dried Marigold Distress Paint.
- Shape with Deluxe Tool Kit.
- Stack and glue with hot glue gun.
- Spray with Oriental Poppy Tattered Angel Mist.
- While wet, sprinkle with Scattered Straw Distress Embossing Powder
- Sprinkle lightly with glitter.
- Heat Set
- Fill poppy centers with glue and prills. Set aside to dry.
To provide greenery for the poppies, stamp and die cut Delightful Daisies onto green designer paper from Blazing Poppies collection. Shape and ink with Distress Ink.
Arrange poppies and greenery in opposite corners of the card.
Fussy cut the denim pocket from one of the journal cards. Pop up on foam tape and add to card.
Die cut ticket with Luggage and Tags Die. Pop up on foam tape and add to card.
Spatter card with Oriental Poppies Glimmer mist and diluted black paint.
Add black gingham ribbon and gold metallic string.
A Peek Inside Pocket Full of Poppies All Occasion Card
On With the Hop
The hop runs from 8 AM Friday, May 26th and closes Monday 29th May at 11.59pm EDT. Visit all the blogs on the hop, and be sure to leave a comment so that your name will be entered into the drawing for a $25 shopping spree at Heartfelt Creations.
The winner of the hop will be announced on the Heartfelt Creations Blog and Facebook page Wednesday, May 31st. If you are the lucky winner, email Heartfelt Creations at email@example.com with “Winner of the May Alumni Hop”
From my blog, hop on over and see what paper pretties my friend GLORIA has prepared for you today.
Here’s the order for this month’s hop:
I hope I’ve shared some tips and tricks that you can use in your own crafty adventures. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
Thanks for stopping by!