This blog hop is now closed. The winner is ionabunny from Amarily’s blog. Thanks for hopping.
Heartfelt Creations Alumni Hop: Teacup Pansies Twisted Easel Card Tutorial
Hello, Friends! Welcome to the Heartfelt Creations March 2019 Alumni Hop! Today I have a Burst of Spring Teacup Pansies Twisted Easel Card Tutorial to share with you. Pansies are one of my very favorite flowers. I find their lovely perfume combined with the velvety leaves and sweet “faces” completely irresistible!
This is a 5 1/2″ square Twisted Easel Card made with the Burst of Spring Cheery Pansies, Lush Lilac and Leafy Accent Stamps and Dies. I’ll provide a linked supply list at the end of the post.
Twisted Easel Card Tutorial
Easel cards have to be one of my favorite fancy folds. I love the fact that they can stand upright for display, but fold flat for storage. The design looks complicated, but it’s really as easy as pie!
- First, cut a 5 1/2″ x 11″ panel of Lavender Fields Prestige Cardstock. Score it on the long side at 5 1/2″. Fold to create a 5 1/2″ square card base.
- Now, line the top left and the bottom right corners of the card front up on your scoring tool. This will form a diagonal line. It’s important that the corners be placed precisely.
- Next, score a diagonal line from point to point. Fold to form 2 triangular halves and burnish with a bone folder.
- Complete the card card front (directions below). Place adhesive on just the bottom triangle. Then adhere the card front over the adhesive so that it is right side up when the easel is opened.
NOTE: I double matted my card with Grape Jelly cardstock. Cut the 5 3/8″ square mat from corner to corner before you adhere it to the card base.
To make the teacup pansies focal image, follow these simple steps.
- First, trim a 6″ x 6″ card front image from the Burst of Spring paper collection to measure 5 1/4″ square.
- Next, stamp two Burst of Spring Teacups onto the soft patterned lilac paper from the Burst of Springtime Paper Collection. I used Jet Black Archival Ink.
- Now, die cut the teacups using the matching Burst of Spring Die.
- Shade in the teacup and the background with the coloring medium of your choice.
- Then place dots of Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive over the filler flowers on one teacup.
- Next, sprinkle Citrus Crush Flower Soft over the glued areas. Tap off excess and place back in the jar.
- Once the adhesive has dried, use foam tabs to adhere the colored and Flower Soft image over the stamped image.
- Now fill the teacup with pansies, lilacs and leaves. Place foam adhesive on the back of the image and adhere in the center of the card front.
Creating the Flowers
I had some leftover lilac blooms from another project, so that part was easy. You can find a tutorial for making those HERE.
The Burst of Spring Paper Collection has two pages of pre-colored pansies and leaves that are ready to use. No stamping or coloring required!
- Die cut the Cheery Pansies from the paper collection with the Cheery Pansy Dies.
- Place the pansy layers face down in the 3D Pansy Shaping Mold. You can add up to 3 layers of pansy petals and leaves in the mold at a time. Just be sure to mist each layer very lightly with water.
- Once the pansy layers are all in place, follow your die cutting machine’s directions and run them through.
- Turn the pansies out onto your work surface. Use the Flower Shaping Tool Kit to quickly round the pansies edges. Then press into the center of each pansy layer to lift the petals.
- Adhere the two-petal layer over the 3 petal layer and press into the center with a stylus.
- Sponge the edges of each flower with ColorBox Plumeria Chalk Ink, if desired.
- Place a small amount of Dries Clear Adhesive on your craft mat or in a small dish. Dip a makeup sponge into the adhesive, then tap the adhesive randomly over the flower surface.
- Open Rajni Chawla’s Crystal Clear Glitter and dip the (still wet) leaves in to cover with glitter.
- Fill the center of each pansy with a circle of adhesive, then sprinkle with Citrus Burst Flower Soft. Set aside to dry.
- Repeat this process with the leaves. Use Archival Leaf Green Ink to sponge the edges.
Teacup Pansies Twisted Easel Card Tutorial: Finishing Touches
Finish off your card with this cute circle tag (cut with the matching Ornamental Tags Die), a Purple Gingham Bow and a trio of buttons. This photo shows what the card looks like when the easel is closed.
Teacup Pansies Twisted Easel Card Tutorial: A Peek Inside
I wanted you to see the inside of this card, so that you would know where to place the pansies. Yes, they go on the INSIDE of the card base. This way, they act as a stopper for the easel.
- First, mat the inside of the card with more of the Grape Jelly cardstock, just as you did for the front of the card.
- Next, trim the 6″ x 6″ “thinking of you” card front to measure 5 1/4″. Adhere inside the card base.
- Trim another 5 1/4″ panel of designer paper from the collection. Cut from corner to corner and adhere to the top half of the page.
- Die cut one of the fancy tags from the Burst of Spring paper collection with the matching Album Tags and Accents Dies. From white cardstock, die cut the eyelet frame for the tag. Adhere these together along the left hand side of the card, as seen in the photo.
- Now create a die cut pocket using the Lacy Diamond Die and white cardstock. Carefully place adhesive just along the outside edges of the bottom half of the triangle. Adhere on the top of the card interior, as seen in the photo. Insert a miniature Ghiradelli chocolate or other small treat.
- Die cut the “Hugs” tab using the Ticket and Tags die. Place adhesive just on the right hand side, and place as seen in the photo.
You have room to write a personal greeting at the top of the card.
On With the Hop!
This hop runs until 11:55PM EDT on Monday, April 1st. Be sure to visit all the blogs in the hop, and leave a lovely comment. One comment from a mystery blog will be randomly chosen to win a $25 Heartfelt Creations Gift Card. A winner will be announced on this blog, the Heartfelt Creations Blog/Facebook page on Wednesday, April 3rd. The winner will then have 72 hours to claim the prize by contacting [email protected] Please write “Winner of the March Alumni Hop” in the subject line.
I hope I’ve shared some tips, techniques and inspiration that you can use in your own crafty adventures. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
Thanks for hopping!
Teacup Pansies Twisted Easel Card Tutorial Supply List
Heartfelt Creations Products Used
- 3D Pansy Shaping Mold
- Creative Essentials Bundle for Burst of Spring (paper collection, Cheery Pansies stamps and Dies)
- Burst of Spring Cling Stamp Set and matching Die
- Lush Lilac Cling Stamp Set, Matching Die and Flower Shaping Mold
- Album Tags and Accents Dies
- Ticket and Tags Dies
- Ornamental Tags Dies
- Lacy Diamond Dies
- Leafy Accents Stamps , matching Dies, and 3D Shaping Mold
- Flower Shaping Kit
- Sponge Daubers
Products available at Heartfelt Creations
- Dries Clear Adhesive
- Rajni Chawla’s Crystal Clear Glitter
- White Cardstock
- Plumeria Chalk Ink
- Leaf Green Archival Ink
- Foam Adhesive