Oakberry Lane Shaker Easel Card for the May 2019 Heartfelt Creations Alumni Hop
Hello, Friends! Welcome to the Heartfelt Creations Alumni Hop! This month I’m sharing a darling Oakberry Lane Shaker Easel card done up in vibrant summer colors.
And it’s not just a shaker card! It’s an easel card, too. These colors make me think of tropical fruit punch, and I think they are just perfect for a summer birthday card. Our darling granddaughter will be turning 10 next month. Every since she was born, that girl has loved to swing. So this cutie patootie squirrel in a tire swing is the perfect image to use on her birthday card.
Oakberry Lane Shaker Easel Card: Creating the Shaker Element
The shaker element for this card is easy to make when you use Heartfelt Creations’ Eyelet Rectangle and Basics Die. Here’s how:
- First select the #4 and #5 die from the Eyelet Rectangle packet. (The largest die is the #1 die.)
- Line the dies up on a piece of white cardstock so that the space between the two dies is even all the way around.
- Place a small piece of washi tape over the dies to keep them from shifting.
- Run the dies through your die cutting machine. This piece will be the frame for the shaker element.
- Now, run just the #4 die through your machine. The center piece will be intact. This becomes the base for your shaker element.
- Now, trim the “Spread your Wings” image from the Oakberry Lane Paper Collection to fit the base. ( 3 1/8″ x 4 1/8″) Adhere this to the base.
- Now, cut a 3 1/8″ x 4 1/8″ piece of clear cardstock and adhere it to the back of the frame. Clean up any glue from the edges with a baby wipe.
- Place 3 layers of Darice Foam Strips on the back of the frame, being sure to position them so they will not show through the shaker window.
- Now fill the shaker with Jellyfish Sparkletz.
- Die cut the tire swing squirrel from the paper collection using the Furry Tailed Frolic Die Set. Back with dimensionals and position on the base.
- Finally, remove the top layer of liner tape and press the image face down onto the adhesive.
Oakberry Lane Shaker Easel Card: Oakberry Lane Flowers
These Oakberry Lane Flowers are so pretty! Here’s how I made them:
- First, stamp 2 sets of flowers and leaves onto HC Flower Making Paper using Archival Magenta Hue Ink.
- Heat emboss with clear powder.
- Sponge with a combination of Saffron, Magenta and Hibiscus Inks. (I have older Archival inks…the names have changed, but you get the idea.)
- Spritz with water to blend the ink a little.
- Die cut with the Oakberry Lane Flower Dies.
- Place Face Down in the 3-D Blossoms Shaping Mold. I like to use 2 layers at a time. Follow the instructions for your machine, and run through .
- Spray with Poodle Pink Glimmer Mist and Heat Dry.
- Pierce the centers and insert pearl stamens.
Oakberry Lane Shaker Easel Card: Pocket Stopper
Every easel card needs a stopper to make it stand upright. For this card, I die cut a pocket using the Patchwork Pocket & Patterns Die. Then I matted the pocket on the same cardstock that my designer paper layers are matted on. (These are older colors from my stash, and I no longer no the name.)
Next, I folded some 1″ strips of paper in half and adhered them, folded side out to the sides of the pocket. Leave the top open .
Here’s a peek inside this frisky little card.
You can die cut some of the cute tags from the paper collection to tuck into the pocket. I’ll write a note to Sophie on the larger tag.
On With the Hop!
This hop runs from 8AM EDT today, Friday May 31st until 11:59PM EDT on Monday, June 3rd. At the conclusion of the hop, a comment from a mystery blog will be randomly chosen to win a $25 shopping spree at Heartfelt Creations. So be sure to visit and comment on all the blogs in the hop!
A winner for the hop will be announced on this blog, the Heartfelt Creations blog and Facebook page on Wednesday, June 5th. The winner then has 72 hours to claim the prize by sending an e-mail to [email protected] with “Winner of the May Alumni Hop” in the subject line.
Here’s the hop line up for this month:
KATHY (You are HERE) ♥ Amarilys ♥ Vicki ♥ Gloria ♥ Kristina ♥ Alissa ♥ Susan
You’ll find a linked supply list below. Thanks so much for hopping!
Heartfelt Creations Products: