This hop is now closed. The winner is Helen Budz, chosen from Gloria’s blog.
Heartfelt Creations Alumni Hop: Classic Sunflower Birthday Card Folio
Hello, Friends! Welcome to the Heartfelt Creations August Alumni Hop! I’m the first stop on this inspiration filled hop, and I’m so happy to have you hop along. this spring, I planted sunflowers for the very first time, and guess what? They are blooming! I’m so excited, as sunflowers are my favorite summer bloom. Inspired by my garden, I created this pretty Classic Sunflower Birthday Card Folio.
The Classic Sunflower Collection has always been one of my all time favorites from Heartfelt Creations. Sunflowers just make me all happy inside! These sunshiny birthday greetings are layered onto a 6.75″ x 7″ top fold card base with a 1/2″ spine.
Classic Sunflower Birthday Folio: Creating the Classic Sunflowers
- First, select the yellow text from the Classic Sunflower Paper Collection. Stamping onto designer paper is a huge time saver! You don’t have to color your flower layers, and the patterned paper gives the finished flowers a gorgeous depth.
- Next Stamp the Classic Sunflowers with ColorBox Dark Brown Fluid Chalk Ink.
- Then heat emboss with clear embossing powder.
- Now, die cut the flowers with the matching Classic Sunflower Die.
- Next, use sponge daubers to add a little Fossilized Amber and Warm Honey Distress Ink to each flower petal.
- After lightly misting the flowers with a little water, shape them with the Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit.
- Now, stack your flower layers together with hot glue.
- Fill the center of the sunflower with a little Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive.
- Then fill the centers with an assortment of Prills. I used Gilt Trip, Gourd-jus, A Penny Saved, and Express-O Yourself.
- Finally, spritz the flowers with Perfect Pearls Sunflower Sparkle Mist, Lemon Zest and Yellow Daisy Tattered Angels Mists.
Classic Sunflower Birthday Card Folio: A Peek Inside
To decorate the bottom half of this Classic Sunflower Gift Card Folio, I layered a lot of my scraps. this pretty bookmark is also made with scraps, then decorated with the Raindrops on Roses die, burlap woven ribbon and a little charm.
Next, I fussy cut the denim pocket, matted it on kraft cardstock and turned it into a real paper pocket. And you can’t give someone an empty pocket, right? So I filled it with a chocolate treat and a little mini journal card where I can write a little note.
Let’s Go to the Hop!
You’ll want to visit all the Heartfelt Creations Alumni Team Blogs for more beautiful inspiration. And be sure to leave a comment on each blog, as one random comment from a mystery blog will be chosen to win a $25 Heartfelt Creations Gift Certificate .
The hop will remain open until 11:59PMEDT on Monday, August 28th. The winner will be announced on the Heartfelt Creations blog on Wednesday, August 30th. I will also post the winner at the top of this blog post.
The winner receives a $25 gift certificate to shop at Heartfelt Creations. If YOU are the lucky winner, you will need to email Heartfelt Creations at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Winner of the August Alumni Hop” in the subject line.
Now let’s get hopping!
I hope I’ve shared some ideas, tips and tricks that you can use in your own crafty adventures. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.