Good to the Last Drop:
Canvas Corp Brands “Beans and Bags” Coffee Lover’s Birthday Gift Crate
Let’s face it: coffee makes the world go ’round! We drink it morning, noon and night! We stand in line for it, can’t begin our day without it, and that first sip in the morning is the fuel in our tank that gets us through the day. So what could be more fun than turning a mini crate into a container filled to the brim with coffee themed tags, envelopes and recipes for your favorite girlfriend? That’s exactly why I made this Coffee Lover’s Birthday Gift Crate with the fabulous Beans and Bags collection from Canvas Corp Brands. Take a peeky:
This is a birthday party waiting to happen! I have loads of pictures so you can see exactly what was tucked inside, but first, let me share a list of supplies that you’ll need to make this crate for one of your coffee loving friends:
- Black Mini Vintage Crate
- Canvas Corp Mix n Match Beans and Bags
- White C Flute
- Kraft Recipe Cards
- Farmhouse Kitchen Bake and Can Recipe cards on Ivory
- Little Chocolate Pages on Ivory
- Chocolate Stripes
- Burlap Fringe
- Kraft Mini Bags
- Canvas Fringe
- Gypsy Moments Market Garland Tags
- Gypsy Moments Happy Birthday Tags
- Gypsy Moments 12×12 Poses and Reflections Paper
- Gypsy Moments 12×12 A Novel Thought Paper
- Kraft Cardstock
- Tim Holtz Fresh Brewed Die, Tea Time Die
- Clear Acrylic Waste packaging
- White High Impact Paint
- Jade Double Faced Satin Ribbon
- From your stash: flowers, coffee beans, alpha letters, vintage silver spoon, stickles
Pull strings from the burlap fringe to make it even “fringier”. (Is that a word? But you get my drift!) Use Scor-Tape to secure the Burlap fringe to the mini vintage crate. Layer with ribbon, if desired.
Create the coffee cup from Brown and White Ivory Stripe Cardstock:
- Use white C-flute for the band, chipboard for the center medallion and clear waste packaging for the domed top.
- Fussy cut the Cafe label from the Beans and Bags paper. Ink the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and glue onto the chipboard disc, then glue onto the c-flute band.
- Paint the back of the domed top with a light layer of White high impact metallic paint. Use the tip of your finger to swirl it around and then glue onto the top of the coffee cup. When it is dry, lightly smear Diamond Stickles to the back of the dome for a little extra sparkle. Set aside to dry.
- Fussy Cut the French Coffee Label from Beans and Bags. Glue onto crate as shown.
- Fill the bowl of a vintage silver spoon with hot glue and coffee beans. Top with a bow and glue onto the crate. Add flowers.
- Tuck the prepared coffee cup behind the handle of the spoon.
It was exciting to realize that my favorite Gypsy Moments papers pair up with Beans and Bags like, well coffee and cream! I had a blast creating a bunch of whimsical tags to fill my mini crate.
You can see…this little crate holds a whole lot of birthday fun!
A mini kraft bag was turned into a gift card holder. Just add a Beans and Bags label (spritzed with Turquoise Glimmer Mist) and tuck some sweet surprises inside.
Why not tuck an individually wrapped chocolate, and a Gypsy Moments Birthday tag into a mini kraft bag? Nothing goes better with coffee than chocolate, and you can write your own birthday greetings on the tag…and even toss in a Starbuck’s gift card!
How about a recipe for my favorite Sour Cream Coffee cake? Better yet, bake one and include it as part of the gift! It will be received with enthusiasm, I promise you! These Kraft Recipe cards look great with the Beans and Bags papers, too!
I altered this Gyspy Moments Poses and Reflections panel by crossing out the word “passion” and adding alpha letters to spell COFFEE. The ivory teacup has been transformed into a coffee cup filled with flower petals. And the vintage coffee can image is the cutest thing I’ve ever seen!
This book cover is from Gypsy Moments “A Novel Thought” 12×12 papers. I love the fact that it works seamlessly with Beans and Bags, and super love that it looks like old leather! I turned this into a little accordion book with room inside to add photos or wishes for the birthday girl.
The kraft and black Beans and Bags paper is a fussy cutter’s playground! Love these images!
I used Gypsy Moments Poses and Reflections to make this insert. I really love the way these two collections complement one another!
There’s not a gal out there who hasn’t felt this way at the end of a long day! I cut a Gypsy Moments Market Garland in half and used it as a tab on this great image.
The Chocolate Brown Little Papers are a perfect match for this collection as well. Here, I’ve used one as a base for another great panel from Gypsy Moments Poses and Reflections. And adding coffee beans to the pages makes the crate smell amazing!
The Farmhouse Bake and Can Recipe Cards on Ivory were the perfect place to write down my mom’s recipe for the best iced coffee ever! The secret? Evaporated milk! This can was fussy cut from Beans and Bags Coffee and Tea Labels.
When you put it all together, this is one sweet little gift package! And it only took me a couple of hours to put together from start to finish! The papers did all the heavy lifting. This project could be easily adapted for a guy, for Christmas, a hostess gift for the holidays or even a get well or welcome to the neighborhood gift. Anyway you choose to make it, the recipient of this unique gift will be delighted!
Thanks for stopping by! And remember, with enough caffeine….you can rule the world!