Hello, Friends, and welcome to Heartfelt Creations Wednesday! This is the day we’ve all been waiting for: the release of the 2014 Heartfelt Creations Festive Christmas collection! This classic collection had my mind whirling with wonderful ideas from the very first second I laid eyes on it, and I know you will feel the same way. Here are the official release notes for Festive Christmas:
The 2014 Festive Christmas Collection has been born. Shining candles, Bethlehem scenes, scripty ornaments and elegant look of peace on the doves capture the elegance, the festivity, and true meaning for the season. See a preview and the story of this collection here: http://heartfelt.com/festivechristmas.
I have a Festive Christmas Mini Album tutorial to share with you today. There are lots of photos, and directions for creating this accordion style mini, so grab something to drink and a snack and we’ll get this party started!
You know how much I enjoy a pocket and tag by now, and I’ve added a bunch of these to make this mini interactive. It also gives you space to write down your special holiday memories, or to tuck in some special photos.
Here’s a list of the materials you will need to create this mini album:
Heartfelt Creations Products and Products Carried by HC:
Paper: Festive Christmas Collection
Stamps: HCPC 3557 Christmas Poinsettia PreCut Set
HCPC 3624 Festive Christmas Background PreCut Set
HCPC 3625 Festive Notes PreCut Set
Dies: HCPC 734 Sun Kissed Fleur Die
HCPC 743 Raindrops on Roses Die
HCPC 745 Luggage and Tags Die
HCPC 749,750,751,752 Cut, Mat Create Collection
Other: 452255 Grand Calibur, 354810 Classic Scallop Circle Large, 354802 Classic Oval Large, 354808 Classic Circle Small; 368770 Scor-Pal
Other Product: Paper: 2 sheets each Red and Green cardstock, Red Foil, Tan Pearl Cardstock, vellum; Coloring Medium: Spectrum Noir pens (DR 6, 7 JG 5, 6) Ink: Tea Dye Distress Ink, Ranger Vermillion Archival Ink, Versamark, Aged Mahogany Distress Stain; clear embossing powder; Diamond Stickles; ribbon brads and crochet lace; 1/8″ red line tape; metallic red thread (Coats and Clark), sewing machine; glass beads
Cut 6 of the 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ card fronts from the collection and trim to 3 3/4″ x 5″.
2. Evacuate the centers by die cutting with the coordinating die from the Cut, Mat, Create die system. Ink the edges with Aged Mahogany Distress Stain. Decorate the centers with Diamond Stickles and set aside to dry.
5. Score every 4 1/4″ until you have 3 scored panels. Trim off the remainder and save for later.
6. Accordion fold the score lines so that the first fold is a mountain fold on the right hand side, then fold a valley fold. This forms the base of your mini album. Ink all the edges with Aged Mahogany Distress Stain.
7. Ink all the edges of the card front frames with Aged Mahogany Distress ink. Mat onto slightly larger pieces of green cardstock. Stitch around the edges with red metallic thread. Glue onto the mini album base as follows: On the front cover, glue only the top, left and bottom sides. Leave the right hand side open for tags. On the first inside page, glue the top, left and bottom sides, leaving the right hand side open for tags. On the middle section glue left, right and bottom sides, leaving the top open for tags.. On the right hand page, glue top, left and bottom. Complete the back side of the mini album following this same procedure.
8. When the card focals are dry, back them with red foil paper, using Cut, Mat Create dies from the list above. Use foam tabs to glue onto the mini album pages.
9. Use the tags from the Luggage and Tags die set to cut all the artwork tickets, tabs and tags from the artwork page of the paper collection. Use tan pearl paper to die cut and emboss several sets of the Raindrops on Roses die. Snip the Raindrops on Roses toppers to fit the mini album, using the photos as a guide. Decorate the pages of your mini album with this artwork.
11. Use Vermillion Archival Ink to stamp the Christmas Poinsettia onto vellum. Heat emboss with clear embossing powder. Color with Spectrum Noir pens on the back side. Shape and stack to create 2 or 3 flowers to decorate your mini. Add glass beads to the center of the largest flower. Hot glue to the cover of the mini.
Once you’ve made one of these accordion minis, I know you will want to make more. They come together very quickly and are a great size! I hope you enjoyed my Festive Christmas Mini Album tutorial. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I respond personally to every comment, and I’m always happy to help!
Thanks for stopping by!