This hop is now closed. The randomly chosen winner is Betty Dean. Thanks for hopping!
Hello, Friends! Welcome to the Heartfelt Creations December 2018 Hop. For this final hop of 2018, I chose create a Festive Holly Shaker Card Folio. I love that this Christmas collection works well for winter cards, too.
Shaker cards always feel festive. This one measures 5 1/4″ x 7 1/4″ with a 1/4″ spine. Here’s a list of the Heartfelt Creations products I used in this project.
- Festive Holly 12″ x 12″ Paper Collection
- Intricate Swirl Frames Die
- Oakberry Lane Blossoms Cling Stamp Set and matching Dies
- 3D Blossoms Shaping Mold
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit
- Ticket and Tags Dies
- Album Tags and Accents Dies
- Ornamental Tags Dies
Festive Holly Shaker Card Folio: Creating the Frame
To create the frame for this shaker card, you will need to first die cut the largest Intricate Swirl Frame from white cardstock. Next, you will cut out a “window” inside the frame. Place a ruler on a diagonal line from the top left corner of the frame to the bottom right corner. Now use your craft knife to cut carefully just inside the stitch lines from one corner to the other. Once you’ve made this first cut. you can then use your scissors to carefully remove the solid area inside the stitch lines.
Now you can adhere clear cardstock to the back side of the frame and create the shaker element as you would normally do. You can find an easy to follow shaker card tutorial HERE.
Festive Holly Shaker Card Folio: The Flowers
Instead of using poinsettia on this card, I chose to work with the Oakberry Lane Blossoms. Here’s how I made the flowers:
- First, locate the red patterned paper in the Festive Holly Paper pad.
- Now, stamp two sets of flowers using Versamark Ink.
- Cover the stamped images with Ultra Fine Silver Embossing Powder. Heat Emboss.
- Die Cut the Oakberry Lane Flowers with the matching dies.
- Place the flower layers face down in the ED Blossom Shaping Mold. You can add up to 3 layers of flower. Just remember to spritz lightly with water between each layer.
- Run the mold through your die cut machine following your manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Remove the flowers from the mold and place on the shaping mat. Press into the center of each flower with the ball stylus to shape.
- Stack the layers together, alternating the petals and secure with hot glue.
- Once the flowers are arranged on the card, fill the centers with Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive and Mini Pearls Prills.
- Drizzle adhesive along the petal edges and add more prills.
- Stamp Oakberry leaves onto a scrap of light blue paper from the collection. Heat emboss with silver powder and add to the arrangement.
Festive Holly Shaker Card Folio: A Peek Inside
The interior of this card has a fun flap/pocket combo as well as a large pocket with a folio insert.
Open the flap to reveal sweet treats tucked inside a pair of pockets. I made the lacy tea bag pocket with the corner die from Album Tags and Accents Die Set. I also die cut a tag from the collection using the Album Tags and Accents Die, then attached a chocolate treat with removable Glue Dots.
The large pocket on the bottom holds a little folio and tag combo.
This folio measures 4 1/4″ x 6 1/4″ so it will hold 4″ x 6″ photos. The belly band is decorated with the Ornamental Tags Die Cut.
Use the large tag die from Tickets and Tags to cut out a tag from patterned paper and cardstock. Glue these together, punch a hole, add a silver charm and silver string to create a pretty bookmark. I also tucked in a crocheted snowflake as a sweet gift.
You can create this little Festive Holly Shaker Card folio easily by cutting a 12″ x 6 1/4″ panel of designer paper. Score at 4 1/4″ and again at 8 1/4″. Line two panels with 4″ x 6″ cardstock to serve as photo mounts. The shorter panel is a great place to write a personal greeting.
On With the Hop
Be sure to visit each blog in the hop and leave a lovely comment behind. One randomly chosen comment from a mystery blog will be chosen to win a $25 gift card to Heartfelt Creations. The winner will be announced on the Heartfelt Creations BLOG and FACEBOOK PAGE on Wednesday, January 2nd, 2019. I will also add the winner’s name at the top of this blog.
The hop will remain open until 11:55PM EST on Monday, December 31st, 2018.
Here’s the the hop list:
I hope I’ve shared some tips, techniques and ideas that you can use in your own crafty adventures. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
Thanks for hopping!