Tammy Tutterow Creative Crew: Frosty Winter Mini Tag Album Tutorial
Hello, Friends! We’re getting our Christmas crafts on this month! Today, I have the cutest Frosty Winter Mini Tag Album Tutorial to share with you today! Little things make my heart happy, and this itty bitty 4″ x 2 x 1.5″ wintry album is filled with all kinds of teeny tiny cuteness!
See what I mean? Who doesn’t love a snow globe style shaker element on the cover of a teeny tiny mini album?
The base of this adorable album is created with Tammy Tutterow’s Mini Tag Album Die. I’ve made several albums with this sweet die, but this time, I modified the design to create a chunky spine and tabbed pocket pages. You’ll see how I do this in my Frosty Winter Mini Tag Album Tutorial video.
Frosty Winter Mini Tag Album Tutorial: Shake it Up, Baby!
I forgot to tell you how to make the shaker cover in my tutorial video, so I will do that here.
- First, add the sticker to a circular die cut or chipboard piece that is about 1/2″ larger in diameter than the sticker. I painted my die cut white first to make sure that if it showed, it would look nice.
- Now, use the corresponding Spellbinder Small Standard Circle die to cut out a clear acetate circle. This will be the cover for your shaker element.
- Next, add 1/8″ Scor-tape to the back side of this die cut circle.
- Then, add Kool-Tac clear foam tape around the outer edge of the circle with the sticker.
- Now, carefully add some Stampendous Shaved Ice Frantage elements to the center of the snow globe base. Be careful not to get any flakes on the Kool-Tac, or it will not stick well.
- Next, remove the liner tape from the Scor-Tape and the Kool-Tac tape and press the acetate cover over the sticker base.
- Now, hot glue the snow globe base to the album cover.
- Then use hot glue to add the white leaf wreath around the outer edge.
- Finally, decorate with die cut felt flowers.
Frosty Winter Mini Tag Album Tutorial: Add a Chunky Spine
You all know how much I love tags and pockets and dimensional details. I wanted to add those to this adorable album, but to do that, I had to modify the design a little. You will learn how to turn the mini tag album base into this chunky little album in the tutorial.
I also transformed the mini tag album pages into little pockets.
Frosty Winter Mini Tag Album Tutorial: A Peek at the pages
This album is loaded with interactive elements. It would be a super cute stocking stuffer, and a great way to present a monetary gift as there are lots and lots of little tuck spots, pockets and hiding places inside.
Sticker stamps make great tuck spots if you back them with cardstock. You can also add stickers to folded cardstock to create these mini file folders.
Page turn elements are made with a die from Tabs 2. And Tammy’s Prim heart makes the cutest little embellishment when cut from felt.
Here’s that Prim Heart again. This time it’s decorating a Tabbed Mini Pocket.
This is the perfect hiding spot for a little cash, tickets or even small jewelry.
Are you ready to get your craft on? Then let’s watch this Frosty Winter Mini Tag Album Tutorial Video.
Frosty Winter Mini Tag Album Tutorial on Youtube
You can find product links below.
I hope I’ve shared some ideas that you can use in your own holiday crafting. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
Thanks for stopping by!
Frosty Winter Mini Tag Album Supply List and Product Links
Please note: Some of the items I use in my crafting are standard to most every crafter’s stash. I leave those off the list. Also some items might have been in my stash for a long time and are no longer available for purchase. I’ll try to suggest a substitute when possible.
- Tammy Tutterow Dies and Stamps
- Spellbinder Dies
- Authentique Frosty Winter 12×12 Paper Collection
- 3 sheets of lavender cardstock
- Ribbon and Trim