Gifts for the Bride and Groom with Authentique Always Collection
Hello, Friends! I’m thrilled to be sharing another of my guest designer posts for Authentique Papers. This time, I’m featuring a pair of wedding themed projects made with the Authentique Always Collection. Both projects provide a unique way to present a gift card for the Bride and Groom and are both easy to make. Let’s get started!
Mister and Missus Easel Style Gift Card Box with Authentique Always Collection
The Always collection is done in gorgeous shades of brown and cream. Honestly, it is so rich and elegant that it makes me think of deep dark espresso with whipped cream on top. This little easel style gift box measures about 3.75″ x 4.25″ and it’s just the right size for the journal cards from the 12×12 paper collection.
Making this pretty gift box is so easy! I just covered the box base with designer paper from the Always 6×6 pad, then made a sweet little easel card that matched the size of the box top. Then, I glued the card base to the top of the box. I think this would look fabulous as table decor at a wedding, bridal shower or rehearsal dinner.
Bride and Groom Envelope Folio with Authentique Always Collection
My dear friend Liz Gaze shared a great tutorial for this lovely envelope card. I made a few changes to the design to make this fun folio that I’ve filled with a gift wallet and other goodies.
The 8.5″ x 4.25″ envelope is made with one sheet of 12×12 paper. Just fold the paper following the simple directions in Liz’ tutorial and in about 2 minutes, you have made the base for this project. Brush your paper with Worn Lipstick Distress ink to add color to the basic brown and cream color palette. The fact that these papers are so neutral means that no matter what your wedding colors are, you can match them by adding the appropriate color ribbon, flowers or even ink.
- First, cut a 7.25″ x 4.25″ rectangle of brown cardstock.
- Next, score on the long side at 3.25″ and again at 6.5″.
- Now, use a 3/4″ circle punch to add a thumb hole to the 3.4″ strip.
- Next, line with designer paper.
- Then glue only the sides of the punched paper and fold to seal.
- Tuck in a small journal card from the 6×6 collection.
- Finally, add a small pink photo mount and decorate. (Glue just the bottom edge of the decoration so photos can be slipped behind.
The Flip Side
YouTube Video Tour with Authentique Always Collection Wedding Goodies
I know it’s hard to really get a feel for how everything works together when all you see are still photos. So I put together a short, 10 minute, video tour with more info and tips for making these two projects. I hope you enjoy!
I’ve provided product links below for your convenience.
I hope I’ve shared some ideas and tips that you can use in your own crafty adventures. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Authentique Always Paper Collection
- 12×12 (comes with stickers)
- Always 6×6 paper pad
- Petaloo Flowers
- Idea-Ology Foundry Frames
- Adornments Arrows
- Something Blue Wood Icons
- 3 sheets of 8.5″ x 11″ chocolate chip cardstock
- 3 sheets of 8.5 x 11″ pale pink cardstock
- normal paper crafting tools like paper cutter, rulers, glue guns, etc.