Graphic 45 Farmhouse Double Gatefold Card: Use Your Scraps!
Hello, Friends! Today’s Graphic 45 Farmhouse Double Gatefold Card is a great way to use up your scraps. Earlier this month I created a Farmhouse Folio Kit for The Button Farm Club. The lovely extra bits and bobs from that project kept calling my name. So I finally found a minute to put them to good use on this country fresh creation.
This card base measures 4 1/2″ x 7″ when closed, but opens to more than 12″ wide. Here’s how to create the card base.
- First, cut a 13″ x 7″ panel of 18pt grocery bag cardstock. (Link below)
- Next, score along the long side as follows, 2 1/8″, 2 1/8″, 4 1/2″, 2 1/8″
- Now accordion fold so that the 2 1/8″ flaps meet in the middle.
- Then cut 1 7/8″ x 6 7/8″ panels from your scraps to cover the small panels front and back.
- Create a 4″ x 5 1/4″ panel and adhere half of it to the center of the card. Decorate this with cut apart images, die cuts and small border strips from your scraps.
- Embellish with Tim Holtz Tiny Clips, a brass bulldog clip, Little Birdie Flowers, a big ole’ wood button, ribbon and twine.
Graphic 45 Farmhouse Double Gatefold Card: The Grand Opening
Opening this style of card is really fun, because the panels fold out to reveal all the goodies inside.
You can see that I adhered the large “Blessed” cut apart on the left to the back side of the front panel.
Decorate a couple of ATC tags to tuck into the pocket along with a large ephemera tag.
Graphic 45 Farmhouse Double Gatefold Card: The Back Gate
Add a pocket on the back side of this card. Then fill with another ephemera card and a little chocolate treat.
This card is so cute, you can set it out as part of your kitchen decor. It’s also a great way to present a gift card.
I hope I shared some tips and tricks you can use in your next crafty adventure! If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Graphic 45 Farmhouse Collection
- 18 pt grocery bag paper