This hop is now closed. The winner is Betty Jane Caspick. Thanks for hopping!
Heartfelt Creations Coral Seahorse Birthday Shaker Card for the Alumni Hop
Hello, Friends! Welcome to the August Alumni Hop! Today I have a Heartfelt Creations Coral Seahorse Birthday Shaker Card to share with you. It’s made with the whimsical Under the Sea collection. See if you can guess which Heartfelt Flower Stamp/Die combo I used?
If you guessed Poinsettia and Holly Clusters, then you are right on target! Stamp these little beauties with Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink. Then sponge with Abandoned Coral DI. Die cut, run through the Poinsettia Flower mold and you’ve got yourself some coral reef blossoms just like that!
Heartfelt Creations Coral Seahorse Birthday Shaker Card: A Look at the Details
This 5″ x 7″ Top Fold card has a fun interactive pocket and shaker tag on the cover. Here’s how I did it.
- First cut a 5″ x 7″ panel of the white/teal woodgrain patterned paper. Ink the edges very lightly with Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink.
- Next, cut a 4″ x 6″ panel of the underwater dark teal paper.
- Then, fussy cut the coral reef scene from the paper collection.
- Stitch the left and bottom edges of the coral reef scene to the dark teal underwater panel.
- Now adhere this panel to the woodgrain panel.
- Die cut the fish/porthole from the paper collection using the Coral Reef Collage Die. Adhere as seen in the photo. This is how the pocket is made.
Heartfelt Creations Coral Seahorse Birthday Shaker Card: Adding Embellishments
Look at all the great dimension on this card! And really, it’s so simple to make. Here’s how I embellished the card.
- Brush the sandy bottom of the coral reef scene with Versamark Embossing Ink.
- Next, sprinkle liberally with Seth Apter’s Dirty Sand Baked Texture. Heat emboss to create realistic looking textured sand.
- Cut the Happy Birthday ticket from the paper collection. Adhere with dimensionals.
- Die cut the coral reef border from the paper collection using the Coral Reef Collage Die. Pop up on dimensionals and adhere to lower left corner.
- Stamp, color and die cut two sets of Poinsettia and Holly Clusters onto white card using Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink.
- Run through the Poinsettia Flower Mold.
- Now layer together with glue. Add Coral See and Seas the Day Prills to the centers.
- Then adhere to the card as seen.
- Finally, tie a double loop bow using Coral Satin Ribbon.
Heartfelt Creations Coral Seahorse Birthday Shaker Card: A quick and easy shaker element
This little 3″ x 5 1/2″ shaker pouch is super easy to make. Here’s how:
- Cut a 2 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ panel of the woodgrain paper. Crop the corners with a Crop-a-Dile Stub punch. Then ink the edges.
- Fussy cut the seahorses and greenery from the paper collection. Adhere to the woodgrain panel.
- Mat this panel on a slightly larger rectangle of white cardstock.
- Now cut a 3″ x 5 1/2″ panel of clear cardstock.
- Next, secure the clear cardstock panel to the shaker pouch base with binder clips or safety pins.
- Stitch the sides and bottom on your sewing machine. Leave the top edge open.
- Fill the pouch with Buttons Galore Ocean Waves Sparkletz.
- Now stitch the top edge closed.
- Next, cut the thread so it is long. Use the top thread to tie on a couple of cute ocean charms.
- Tie a bow with curling glittery ribbon and adhere .
- Adhere a cluster of poinsettia in the corner.
- Insert the tag in the pocket.
Heartfelt Creations Coral Seahorse Birthday Shaker Card: A Peek Inside
Inside the card, I created a couple of cute pockets. Then I filled them with elements from the collection. The seashell is die cut from the paper collection, shaped with the stylus, inked with Abandoned Coral DI and adhered to the card. Tuck a journal card in the pocket and add your personal greeting to the card.
Create a little gift card wallet using the cut aparts from the collection.
Decorate with papers. This is such a fun way to present a gift card.
On With the Hop
Be sure to visit all the blogs in the hop and leave a lovely comment behind so that your name will be entered into the drawing for a $25 gift card to Heartfelt Creations.
This hop ends on Monday, September 3rd at 11:59PM EDT. The winner will be announced here and on the Heartfelt Creations blog on Wednesday, September 5th. Claim your prize by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org via e-mail. Write “winner of the August Alumni Hop” in the subject line.
Here is the blog hop list:
I hope I’ve shared some tips, tricks and ideas that you can use in your own crafty adventures. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
Thanks for hopping!
Heartfelt Creations Coral Seahorse Birthday Shaker Card Supply List
Heartfelt Creations Products
- Under the Sea Collection
- Other Products