Heartfelt Creations Peacock Paisley Shaker Card for the January 2020 Alumni Hop
This hop is now closed. The winner is Terry Law, randomly chosen from Monica’s Blog. Thanks for hopping!
Hello Friends! I’m about to add a little sunshine to your world with this Heartfelt Creations Peacock Paisley Shaker Card made for the January 2020 Alumni Hop. Get ready for loads of crafty inspiration as you hop along with the Alumni Team. Visit all the blogs in the hop, and be sure to leave a little love behind, because one comment will be randomly chosen from a mystery blog to win a $25 Heartfelt Creations gift card! Now, that’ s worth hopping for!
Peacock Paisley Shaker Card: Creating the Shaker Element
Bright yellow Delightful Daisy blossoms adorn this 5″ x 7″ top fold shaker card.
TIP: Navy ribbon and buttons anchor all the light colors in this card design. Contrasting light and dark shades makes a card pop!
To make this card:
- Mat a panel of the green daisy border print on slightly larger panels of navy cardstock, white cardstock, and navy designer paper.
- Next, die cut the Intricate Swirls Frame. Use a craft knife and a ruler to cut out the center portion of the frame.
- Now adhere clear cardstock cut to fit to the back of the frame.
- Next, back the solid sides of the frame with 3 layers of 1/8″ foam strips to form a shaker box.
- Then fill the center of the daisy border print with a mix of sequins, pearls, buttons and beads.
- Carefully align the frame over the panel and press to adhere.
Peacock Paisley Shaker Card: Delightful Daisies
Here’s how to create these cheery blossoms:
- First stamp several sets of the Delightful Daisies onto Deluxe Cardstock with Sap Green Archival Ink. Heat Emboss with Clear Embossing Powder.
- Next, stamp the Delightful Daisy Leaves with Olive Archival Ink and heat emboss.
- Now, stamp a large leaf cluster from the Leafy Accents with Olive Ink and heat emboss.
- On a non-stick craft sheet or other non-porous surface, swipe the following Distress Inks: Squeezed Lemonade, Fossilized Amber, Mustard Seed.
- Now, spritz the ink until little beads or droplets form.
- Swipe the stamped and embossed daisies through the inky puddles. Heat Dry. The embossed areas will pop back through the ink as you dry them.
- Next, die cut with the matching Delightful Daisies Die. Then shape the layers with the 3D Floral Basics Shaping Mold.
- For the leaves, follow the same procedure, but use Shabby Shutters and Peeled Paint Distress Ink. Shape the leaf cluster with the 3D Leafy Accents Shaping Mold.
- Fill the centers with Czech Beads and set aside to dry.
- Arrange as seen in the photo.
Peacock Paisley Shaker Card: Finishing Details
Cut a tag from the paper collection and adhere to the side of the card. Top with a daisy, leaf and bow. Type the phrase on paper and adhere to the tag.
Peacock Paisley Shaker Card: A Peek Inside
Add pockets to the inside of the card and fill with lovely little treats. Die cut the doily from the Rounded Window Frame Die. Fold in half and adhere to form a little chocolate pocket.
A simple bookmark and a card front fill one pocket.
Wrap a tea bag and a cookie up in designer paper to add extra sweetness to the card. Add a vintage silver plate teaspoon to turn a card into a gift!
On With the Hop
Now hop on over to see what delights the rest of the team have prepared for you:
The hop will remain open until 11:55PM EST on Monday, February 3rd. A winner will be randomly chosen from a mystery blog and announced here, on the Heartfelt Creations Blog and on the Heartfelt Creations Facebook page on Wednesday, February 5th. The winner will then have 72 hours to contact [email protected] to claim the prize. Please write “Winner of the January Alumni Blog Hop” in the subject line of your e-mail.
Did I share some tips, tricks and Ideas you can use in your own crafty adventures? Please let me know in the comment section below. And look for the linked supply list at the end of this post.
Thanks so much for hopping!
Heartfelt Creations Supplies
- Peacock Paisley Paper Collection
- Delightful Daisies Cling Stamp Set and Matching Dies
- Leafy Accents Cling Stamps and Matching Dies
- 3-D Floral Basics Shaping Mold
- Leafy Accents 3-D Shaping Mold
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Paper
- Groove Golf Tool Set
- Deluxe Flower Shaping Tool Kit
- Intricate Swirl Frames
- Rounded Window Frame Die
- Clear Cardstock
- 1/8″ Foam Strips
- Archival Inks
- Distress Inks
- Czech Beads
- Navy Satin Ribbon
- Vintage Buttons