Lemonade Stand Easel Card: Gecko Galz Guest Designer
Hello, Friends! Summertime and lemonade just seem to go together. I’m sharing a darling Lemonade Stand Easel Card as a Guest Designer for Gecko Galz today. It’s just loaded with summer sunshine and lemony goodness.
See? I told you it was cute! This 6″ square card features patterned papers from Authentique’s “Endless” collection and digital images from Gecko Galz. Gorgeous Little Birdie Jamie Moonlight Flowers make everything feel and cool.
Most of the images on this card come from the totally adorable “Let’s Make Lemonade” Digital Collage Sheet. I added some additional layers and contrast with an image from Bingo Cards Digital Collage Sheet and Ephemera Days Digital Collage Sheet. A vintage button from my stash and a bow tied with 3/8″ Yellow Gingham Ribbon completes the ensemble.
Lemonade Stand Easel Card: Tips and Tricks for Working with Digital Images
Here are a few tips and tricks that you can use if you have not worked with digital images before:
- Print on high quality cardstock. I use Epson Matte Premium Presentation Paper for high resolution images.
- Always set your printer properties to the High Quality setting.
- You can print the digital sheet exactly as it comes from Gecko Galz. Or, you can use a photo editing program to crop and resize images to suit your project. That is what I did with this card.
- Cropped images can be pasted into a Word file. This way, you can size the paper to 8 1/2″ x 11, which fits most all printers. Cropping and pasting means that you don’t use ink/paper on images that you don’t intend to use.
- Let images dry overnight, or heat set gently with your heat gun. This will prevent the ink from smudging when handled.
Lemonade Stand Easel Card: A Peek Inside
Create a pocket for your easel card by cutting the liner paper for the card interior about 3″ longer than the panel. Then just score, fold, and adhere the sides to make an instant pocket.
Create a little tea bag wallet by scoring and folding a strip of white cardstock. Make a belly band from scraps and decorate with fussy cut images and flowers.
Iced tea is just as refreshing as lemonade, and you can make an icy cold glass using the tea bag tucked inside the wallet.
I hope I’ve shared some tips, tricks and ideas you can use in your own crafty adventures. I’ll be back soon with more Gecko Galz creations!
Thanks for stopping by!
- Gecko Galz Digital Designs