Music Themed Sympathy Card
Hello, Friends! No one likes to make sympathy cards, but in my opinion, they are one of the most meaningful and important cards we can make. I made this Music Themed Sympathy Card when a dear pastor/teacher recently passed away. Steve knew both Dale and me before were were married, counseled us after we were married and then befriended us as our pastor while we were raising our young family. He had a passion for music, so I made this music themed sympathy card to honor and remember him.
This 5″ x 7″ card has a top fold design. I dug through the Closet of Shame to find this old pad of DCWV Performance paper, knowing it would be the perfect choice for this card.
Tips and Tricks for Creating a Sympathy Card
- First, keep it simple. Simple elegance strikes just the right note during times of sorrow or stress.
- Next, choose soft, soothing neutrals in papers, flowers and embellishments to provide a sense of comfort and also elegance. Little Birdie Flowers are paired up with Ivory Satin ribbon to help achieve that effect.
- Thirdly, say it simply: This simple sentiment is stamped with Versamark Ink, then embossed with Fine Gold Embossing Powder. Then I die cut it, rounded the edges against my bone folder and adhered just the outer edges to achieve dimension.
- Walk softly: Vellum music paper accented with gold foiling softens the background paper even more.
- Finally, make it personal: Think about the individual, what they meant in your life, the things they loved and try to in some way incorporate that into the card, if possible.
Music Themed Sympathy Card: A Peek Inside
The inner sentiments are stamped on foiled designer paper. I created a little pocket where I could tuck in my own personal thoughts, memories and message of condolence.
This quote from the paper collection was perfect for the card. Steve was a brilliant man; but his true genius lay in his ability to love and accept others. He will be sorely missed.
Thanks for stopping by!
- DCWV Performance 12×12 paper collection (retired)
- Whip Cream Prestige Cardstock
- Little Birdie Rosalind and Paulina
Stamps: Retired from Stampin’ Up: Loving Thoughts, Thoughts and Prayers (Check E-bay)
MFT Flourish Frames(retired)