Shabby Chic Deck the Halls Christmas Folio with Carta Bella Christmas Market
Hello, Friends! Happy Monday! Let’s kick off our week with a shabby chic Deck the Halls Christmas Folio made with Carta Bella Christmas Market! I have had more fun with these fresh and fun papers this year. Today’s folio is made with my quick and easy Double Z-Fold design. This folio design lends itself well to using up scraps. Since I’ve made so many Christmas Market projects, my supplies are dwindling. this seemed like the perfect way to use them up. You can find the tutorial for this folio style HERE.
Deck the Halls Christmas Folio: The Details
I dug into my stash of vintage doilies and found the perfect match for this card design. That little addition of fabric gives this card it’s wonderful shabby chic vibe.
Lots of scraps? Die cut Christmas greenery to build a base for your focal image. Even though this image is quite small, it still manages to take center stage because I’ve framed it with festive greenery, flowers and a lovely resin frame from ButterBee Scraps. Here’s how the frame came together.
- First, tap the resin frame with Versamark Clear Embossing Ink.
- Next, cover it with Wow Super Fine Silver Embossing Powder. Heat emboss. The details in the frame will pop through as the embossing powder melts, no worries!
- Now, fill the center of the frame with a scrap of patterned paper.
- Tap the silver reindeer charm with Versamark.
- Cover with Seth Apter Dirty Sand Baked Texture. When heat embossed, this resembles a deer’s shaggy winter coat.
- Use metal adhesive to secure the deer charm in the center of the frame.
To add extra shimmer, tie a double loop bow with White Glitz Ribbon. The camera has a hard time picking up its glittery goodness, but it is gorgeous in real life.
Deck the Halls Christmas Folio: A Peek Inside
Look at all the room you have to play inside this card design! It’s quickly becoming my favorite way to use up my leftover bits and pieces.
And of course, I had to add some sweet treats to the center pocket.
Deck the Halls Christmas Folio: The Flip Side
One of the things I love about this quick and easy folio design is that you can fully decorate the BACK side as well! I’ve creating little tuck spots, journaling spots, pockets and even added a few photo mounts to the back pocket. So this becomes a card, a gift, and a mini album all in one. How fun is that?
You can find this one in my ETSY shop!
You’ll find a linked supply list below this post.
I hope I’ve shared some tips, tricks and ideas that you can use in your own crafty adventures. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
Thanks for stopping by!
- White Glitz Ribbon
- Embellishments from ButterBee Scraps
- Versamark Ink
- Super Fine Silver Embossing Powder