Sparkling Poinsettia Christmas Joy Card Folio for the Heartfelt Creations October Alumni Hop
Hello, Friends! It’s time for the Heartfelt Creations October Alumni Hop! Christmas is peeking around the corner, and it’s time to get our holiday craft on. This Sparkling Poinsettia Christmas Joy Card Folio is loaded with pull out tags, handmade flowers, hidden treats and a lovely mini photo album. I had such fun designing this 5″ x 7″ top fold card. The card base is built with a 1/4″ spine to allow for all kinds of goodies to be tucked inside. I can’t wait to share all my tips and tricks with you. Let’s get this party started!
Christmas Joy Card Folio: Sparkling Poinsettias
Begin the process of making this card by creating the Sparkling Poinsettia Flowers.
- First, use Peeled Paint Distress ink to stamp Sparkling Poinsettia Cling Stamp Set twice onto lightly patterned paper from the Sparkling Poinsettia Paper Collection.
- Immediately sprinkle with clear embossing powder and heat set.
- Now, use sponge daubers to add Peeled Paint Distress ink to the flower centers.
- Then add Fired Brick and Candied Apple Distress Ink to the petals.
- Now die cut the flower layers with the matching Sparkling Poinsettia Die.
- Mist the die cut flower layers lightly with Tattered Angels Lobster Mist.
- Now shape with the Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit.
- Heat dry.
- Then stack together with hot glue. Add stamens to the center.
- To add glitter, trace around the veins with Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive. Sprinkle with clear glitter. (See links below)
- Once the glitter has dried, fill centers with Berry Nice Prills.
Christmas Joy Card Folio: Creating the Pocket
It’s no secret by now that I love pockets…and tags. So for this card, I found a fun way to use them on the cover of the card.
- First, cut a piece of the Christmas newsprint paper slightly smaller than my card base.
- Next, ink it up with Candied Apple, Festive Berries, and Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide Inks.
- Then, spritz the paper with water and let the inks run. Heat Dry. Repeat until you like the way the background looks.
- Now, fussy cut the Joy to the World banner and poinsettias from the 6×6 card front. Ink the edges.
- Then, place the banner over the inked panel and stitch to a mat of dark green cardstock. Leave the top of the banner open to form a pocket.
Christmas Joy Card Folio: Creating the Tags
- First, cut a panel of lightly patterned designer paper to measure 3.25″ x 5″.
- Now, use Peeled Paint Distress Ink to stamp the Holly swirl from Joy to the World on this panel.
- Next, stamp Joy to the World image on this same panel using Jet Black Archival Ink. Heat emboss with clear powder.
- Then, use Stack and Store Daubers and the inks of your choice to add color.
- Next, trace around some of the lines in the stamped image with Art Institute Dries Clear Glue. Be sure to use the fine tip attachment.
- Now place the image over a funnel tray or large sheet of paper and sprinkle with Crystal Ultrafine Transparent Glitter. Tap off the excess and set aside to dry.
- When dry, round the corners with a 1/4″ corner rounder punch. Crop the top edge with a Scallop Edge Punch. Add a hole punch in the center for ribbon.
- Then cut a 6″ length of 5/8″ Red Gauze Print Satin Ribbon through the hole. Tie with a piece of crochet lace.
- Add poinsettia and stick pins to each tag, then tuck in the pocket.
To finish the card front, glue a poinsettia in the upper left and corner of the card. Then tie a double loop bow from Forest Green Satin Swirl Ribbon. Tuck beneath the poinsettia, using your scissor points to set it in place.
Christmas Joy Card Folio: A Peek Inside
I added a fun mini photo album to the card pocket.
It is stamped with the sentiment from the Joy to the World Cling Stamp set, and has a ribbon closure.
On with the Hop!
Be sure to visit all the blogs on the hop list, as one random comment from a mystery blog will be chosen to win a $25 shopping spree at Heartfelt Creations. If you don’t comment, you can’t win!
The hop runs from 8AM EDT Friday, October 27- 11:59PM Monday, October 29th. The winner will be announced on the Heartfelt Creations blog and Facebook page on Wednesday, November 1st. The winner will then have 72 hours to claim his/her prize by contacting Heartfelt Creations at [email protected] with “Winner of the October Alumni Hop” in the subject line.
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have fun hopping!