This hop is now closed. The winner is MargieHMalone. Thanks for hopping!
Heartfelt Creations Delightful Daisies Peacock Paisley Card Folio for the HC Alumni Hop
Hello, Friends! Welcome to the July 2018 Heartfelt Creations Alumni Blog Hop! Summertime colors inspired this bright and cheery Delightful Daisies Peacock Paisley Card Folio that I have to share with you today.
- This 5.25″ x 7.25″ card folio is like summer sunshine and summer skies. Create the card base by cutting a piece of 8.5″ x 11″ cream cardstock into two 5.25″ x 8.5″ panels.
- Join the two short ends together with Scor-Tape or Dries Clear Adhesive.
- Then score on the long side at 7.25″ , 7.5″.
- Fold to form a card base with a 1/4″ spine.
- Score the extra flap and fold to the inside of the card to form a pocket.
Delightful Daisies Peacock Paisley Card Folio: Designing the Card Cover
I always create my card cover before I attach it to the card base. This way, it stays clean and pretty. Here’s how I put these card layers together.
- Cut a 5″ x 7″ rectangle of the dark teal print from the Peacock Paisley Paper Collection.
- Mat on a slightly larger piece of white cardstock.
- Now die cut the largest Eyelet Lace Frame from white cardstock. Center and adhere to the dark teal panel.
- Next, cut a 4″ x 6″ panel of the yellow daisy print from Peacock Paisley. Mat on a slightly larger piece of white cardstock. Back with foam tape. Center and adhere over the Eyelet Lace Frame.
- Then, cut a 3″ x 5″ rectangle of the paisley print panel. Mat as before. Back with foam tape. Center and adhere.
- Now cut a 5.25″ x 2.5″ panel of the chevron stripe paper. Mat just the upper and lower edges on white cardstock. Add foam tape only to the left and right hand sides. Center over the paisley print and adhere.
- Die cut the Yellow Daisy/Peacock Feathers tag from the collection using the Luggage and Tags Die. Back with foam tape. Adhere to the card front so that the tapered end lines up with the chevron border on the right.
- Finally, die cut the Ticket Sentiment using the Luggage and Tags Die. Back with foam tape and adhere to the tag.
Delightful Daisies Peacock Paisley Card Folio: Making the Flowers
I don’t know about you, but I adore daisies. These Delightful Daisies are so easy to make thanks to the Delightful Daisies Cling Stamp Set, the matching die and the Basic Flower Mold. Here’s how to make them.
- First, stamp two sets of daisies onto plain white cardstock using ColorBox Butter Chalk Ink.
- Heat emboss with clear embossing powder.
- Use sponge daubers to color the centers with Guacamole Chalk Ink.
- Add Butter Chalk Ink to the petal edges.
- Die cut with the Delightful Daisies Die.
- Now place face down in the Basic Flower Mold. Spritz lightly with water and run through your die cutting machine.
- Next, remove the flower layers from the mold and shape with the Flower Shaping Tool Kit.
- Layer the petals together, then pierce the centers to insert the stamens.
- Now brush the petals lightly with Scattered Straw Distress Paint. Dry.
- To add color and shine, spritz the finished flowers with Perfect Pearls Sunflower Sparkle Mist, or any yellow mica based spray.
- Set aside to dry.
Delightful Daisies Peacock Paisley Card Folio: Leafy Accents
Adding foliage to a flower cluster lends it a realistic and full appearance. I love the new Leafy Accents Stamps, Dies and Mold. I had these pretty leaves made in no time flat. Here’s how.
- First, stamp all 4 leaf stamps onto plain white card using Guacamole Chalk Ink.
- Next, heat emboss with Wow Neutral Ultra Shimmer Embossing Glitter or whatever glitter embossing powder you have in your stash.
- Use sponge daubers to add Lime Pastel and Butter Chalk Ink to the interior of the leaves.
- Now, die cut with the matching Leafy Accents Die.
- Next, place the die cut leaves face down in the Leafy Accents Mold. Spritz lightly with water and run through your die cutting machine.
- As a finishing touch, I sponged Guacamole Chalk Ink over the embossed veins.
Now all you have to do is arrange your leaves and flowers! I added a shabby chic seam binding bow and some glitter ribbon to finish my flower cluster. Then I added two small daisies, a charm and glitter ribbon to the side of my tag.
Delightful Daisies Peacock Paisley Card Folio: A Peek Inside
Inside my card, I created a little flap/pocket combo.
I hand wrote my sentiment on the left hand side of the flap. Then I added a little tea bag pocket on the right.
I dressed up my pocket with a bold chevron print and a die cut ticket sentiment. Then I filled it to bursting with all kinds of little goodies.
You’ll find a honey stick to go with the tea bag. And I scored/folded a row of the little ATC sized panels on the cut apart page to form an accordion folio. This is held closed with a peacock belly band.
I used the scraps on my work table to create a mini note card and a bookmark, too.
Add a handmade tassel and charm to make the bookmark really special.
Finally, I created a 4″ x 5″ gift card holder. I love to use up those scraps on my worktable! It makes cleanup so much easier!
On With the Hop!
This hop ends at 11:59PM EDT on Monday, July 30th. One comment from a mystery blog in the hop will be chosen to win a $25 Heartfelt Creations shopping spree. The winner will be announced on this blog, the Heartfelt Creations Blog and Facebook page on Wednesday, August 1st. If you are the lucky winner, send an e-mail to email@example.com with “Winner of the July Alumni Hop” in the Subject Line. You will have 72 hours to claim your prize, or another name will be chosen to win.
Here’s the blog hop list for this month:
Kathy (You are HERE) ♥ Pam ♥ Vicki ♥ Emily ♥ Martine ♥ Alissa ♥ Amarilys ♥ Susan ♥ Marie
I hope I’ve shared some tips, tricks and techniques that you can use in your own crafty adventures. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
Thanks for hopping!
Delightful Daisies Peacock Paisley Card Folio Supply List
Heartfelt Creations Products
Products Available At Heartfelt Creations
Other: Seam Binding Ribbon, Scattered Straw Distress Paint, Perfect Pearls Sunflower Sparkle Mist, Wow Neutral Clear Glitter Embossing Powder, Clear Embossing Powder, White Cardstock