Carta Bella Christmas Market Shaker Card Folio
Hello, Friends! This Carta Bella Christmas Market Shaker Card Folio is a great way to start off the month of December. Wait…is it really December already? That’s what the calendar says, so it’s time to get our Christmas crafting on for reals! So let’s roll out the buffalo plaid, glitter and glam!
Christmas Market is such a happy collection! I’ve used it to make some of the merriest Christmas projects this year! This 5″ x 7″ shaker top card has all the things I love about Christmas crafting: plaid on plaid (does it get any better than that?) sparkly shaker elements, a festive banner, and cheery red flowers.
The base for the shaker box is a Spellbinders Nestablilities Oval Majesty Die. I’ve filled it with a chipboard Christmas Tree and some pretty new Desert Sky Shimmerz shaker elements from Buttons Galore and More.
TIP: To make the MERRY banner, follow these easy steps:
- First, mat the stickers on scraps of green cardstock, then trim out.
- Next, back the stickers with foam dimensionals.
- Always start with the middle letter of a banner, then build out to each side. This will keep things symmetrical and balanced.
- Top the pennants with shimmery stars and pearls from the shaker collection.
- Finally tie small bows and adhere in the corners.
Christmas Market Shaker Card Folio: A Peek Inside
Build a box pocket inside the card, then fill it with lots of fun goodies. Attach a mini candy cane with a bit of buffalo plaid washi tape, just for fun.
Use a We R Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board to make a custom treat envelope. I actually made 2 envelopes: One for the honey packet, and one for the other goodies.
These little card folios are such a fun gift at the holidays. They are perfect for Secret Santa, hostess gifts, or office exchange parties, It’s a great way to give something handmade and personal.
I hope I shared some tips, tricks and ideas you can use in your next crafty adventure. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment box below. If you’d like to see more Christmas Market projects click HERE.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Little Birdie Flowers
- Spellbinders Nestabilities Oval Majesty Die (Retired…but substitute THIS die)
- Clear cardstock
- Bold Black Plaid Ribbon
- Iridescent Metallic String
- We R Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board
- Desert Sky Shimmerz