This hop is now closed. The winner is Joy McCoy. Thanks for hopping!
Heartfelt Creations September Alumni Hop: Coffee Talk Birthday Card Folio
Hello, Friends! Coffee, anyone? I’m ready for you with this freshly brewed Coffee Talk Birthday Card Folio. It‘s time for the Heartfelt Creations September Alumni Hop! You should be arriving here from Vicki’s beautiful blog.
Don’t you just love the browns, creams, blues and tans in the Coffee Talk collection? I had so much fun putting this 6.25″ square top fold card folio together!
Coffee Talk Birthday Card Folio Tips and Tricks
Here are some tips and tricks you can use in making this Coffee Talk Birthday Card Folio:
- Stamp the coffee mug image onto light colored patterned paper from the Coffee Talk Paper Collection. . This saves loads of time, as there is no need to color the image! Let the Coffee Talk paper collection do all the heavy lifting for you. I used ColorBox Decades Bon Voyage Blue Ink to stamp, then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.
- Add inky details with Sponge Daubers. This is another great time saver! I sponged Broken China and Frayed Burlap Distress Oxide inks to add some shading to my coffee mug.
- Cut out the coffee mug with the matching coffee mug die. Quick and easy!
- Finally, layer up your background paper with a strip of striped paper and some die cut borders.
- Mat the coffee cup on a white doily, then elevate with foam tabs or waste cardboard.
Coffee Talk Card Folio: Let’s Talk Flowers!
- Stamp two sets of Botanical Rose on light colored patterned paper from the Coffee Talk Collection. I stamped with the same Decades Bon Voyage Blue Ink.
- Add Frayed Burlap Distress Oxide Ink to the centers of each petal layer. Use Sponge Daubers to make quick work of this process.
- Now, Sponge the edges of the petals with Broken China Distress Oxide Ink, again using sponge daubers.
- Next, cut out the flowers with the matching die from the Botanical Wings Die Set.
- Spritz the flowers lightly with water, and again with Mountain Mist Glimmer Spray from Tattered Angels.
- Now, shape the flowers using the two largest balls in the Flower Shaping Tool Kit.
- You can either gently heat dry the flowers, or let them air dry.
- When the flower layers are dried, assemble with a glue gun.
- Next, fill the flower centers with Art institute Dries Clear Glue and Expresso-yourself Prills.
- Stamp the leaves onto the same patterned paper using Frayed Burlap Ink. Die cut, and sponge with Peeled Paint and Frayed Burlap inks. Shape.
- Finally arrange the flowers on the card front.
- Add a bow and button and the cut out birthday greeting.
- Die cut the oval tag using the Luggage and Tag Die. Tie to the mug handle with burlap string.
Coffee Talk Birthday Card Folio: A peek inside!
Adding a pocket to the inside of this card folio turns it into a gift!
Use scraps to create a fun little photo album/gift card wallet.
Decorate it with 3×4 panels from the cut apart page.
On With the Hop!
From here, you should hop on over and see what paper pretties Amaryllis has in store for you. You can find the complete blog hop order below:
Be sure to visit all the blogs in the hop and leave a lovely comment as a lucky winner of a $25 Heartfelt Creations Gift Card will be randomly selected from one of the blogs! The winner will be announced on the HC Blog and Facebook page on Wednesday, October 4th.
The Hop starts 8am EDT on Friday September 29th and closes Monday 2nd Oct at 11.59pm EDT.
Thanks so much for hopping by!