This hop is now closed. The randomly chosen comment came from LornaB on Alissa’s Blog. Thanks for hopping!
Heartfelt Creations May 2020 Alumni Blog Hop: Bluebirds and Hydrangeas Shaker Card
Hello, Friends! Today’s Bluebirds and Hydrangeas Shaker Card is my offering for the Heartfelt Creations May 2020 Alumni Blog Hop. The hop starts here! You can visit all the blogs in the hop (the list is below) and leave a lovely comment to be entered into a drawing for a $25 Heartfelt Creations Gift Card. The hop runs until 11:55 PM EDT on Monday, June 1st. A randomly chosen comment from a mystery blog will win the prize. I’ll announce the prize at the top of this post on Tuesday, June 2nd. The winner will claim the prize by emailing [email protected] within 72 hours of the announcement. Please write “Winner of the May 2020 Alumni Hop” in the subject line of your email. Now let’s get hopping!
Bluebirds and Hydrangeas Shaker Card: Creating the Card Base
What could be more perfect for a summery card than bluebirds and hydrangeas? Here’s how to get this card started:
- First create a 6 3/8″ square top fold card base from light blue cardstock.
- Next mat a 6″ x 6″ card front on a slightly larger panel of light gray cardstock.
- Now die cut 2 Decorative Pocket Accent pieces to line the top edge of the card.
- Then trim away the pocket edge piece with your scissors
- Place 1/8″ foam strips on the back of each die cut and adhere.
- Place small gingham bows in the corners and top with flowers.
Bluebirds and Hydrangeas Shaker Card: Creating the Shaker Frame
- Begin by die cutting the Decorative Circle Frame from cream cardstock.
- Next, use the Circle Basics Large Die to cut Clear Cardstock. Adhere the circle to the back side of the frame.
- Now place 1/8″ foam strips around the circular frame. I use 2 layers.
- Fill the shaker frame with a sequin mix. Set aside carefully.
- Use the circle die again to cut the center from a 6×6 card base. Adhere this to the back of the shaker frame so that the image will show through.
- Now adhere dimensionals to the back of the shaker frame and adhere to the card base.
Bluebirds and Hydrangeas Shaker Card: Finishing Details
One of the things I love about Heartfelt Creations is how easy they make it to create a gorgeous card. Because I was short on time, I did not stamp and color the flowers, birds and swag for this card. I simply used the matching dies and cut them from the paper collection! It took literally seconds to to this.
Then I shaped my hydrangea blossoms in the 3D Hydrangea Shaping Mold. In just minutes I had dozens of beautiful blossoms. Dab the petals lightly with Dries Clear Adhesive then dip in Rajni Chawla’s Crystal Clear to add a little glitter. Then place a dot of Dries Clear Adhesive in the center of each blossom and fill with Ice Queen Prills. All that is left to do now is arrange your gorgeous blooms on your card. Easy peasy!
Bluebirds and Hydrangeas Shaker Card: A Peek Inside
Here’s a fun way to finish the inside of your card. Use the Decorative Pocket Accents Die to create a tea bag pocket. Then die cut a small hydrangea from the paper collection with the Fresh Cut Hydrangea Die. Adhere just the stem and one leaf to the card base to form a tuck spot for a little note card.
On With the Hop
Now hop over to see what inspiration the rest of the Alumni Team has prepared for you.
I hope I’ve shared some tips, tricks and ideas that you can use in your own crafty adventures. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below. You will find a linked supply list at the bottom of this post.
Thanks for hopping!
- Heartfelt Creations
- Cottage Garden Collection
- Circle Basics Large Die
- Decorative Circle Frames Die
- Decorative Pocket Accents
- Groove Golf Tool Kit
- Medium Pastel Pearl Stamens
- Ice Queen Prills
- Rajni Chawla Crystal Clear
- Clear Cardstock
- Dries Clear Adhesive
- 1/8″ foam strips