Stamperia Alice ATC Tea Box Mini Album Tutorial for Frilly and Funkie Saturday Showcase
Hello, Friends! As promised, I’m back today with this Stamperia Alice ATC Tea Box Mini Album Tutorial. It’s being featured on the Frilly & Funkie Challenge Blog Saturday Showcase Feature today, but I thought I would share it here with you as well.
I’ve already shared a sneak peek of the project with you, and you can review that HERE if you wish. But why don’t you grab a cuppa and a snack, and we’ll dive into this photo and information heavy post.
Stamperia Alice ATC Tea Box Mini Album Tutorial: ATC Box Details and Tips
Pop a fussy cut teapot up on foam dots, then add a Graphic 45 Die Cut Clock behind it to create a feeling of depth and dimension. The clock die is a perfect fit for the box.
The base is a Graphic 45 ATC Book Box, which is too cute for words! To create the tag closure, simply follow these easy steps:
- First, score two of the ATC tags that come in the box 1 1/2″ from the domed edge. Fold and burnish well.
- Next, use the Graphic 45 ATC tag die to cut 4 liners for the tags (front and back for each tag). Adhere these to the tags, then score, fold and burnish a second time.
- Now center and adhere the tags to the box lid and bottom. See? I told you it was easy!
I’ve added a spoon from my collection to decorate the spine. Glossy Accents works really well for this. To make the bun feet, follow these simple steps:
- First, adhere two 1″ wooden bingo chips together.
- Next, wrap the outside edge with 1/2″ Scor-Tape.
- Then, cut a 5/8″ strip of designer paper from scraps and wrap it around the Scor-Tape. Done!
Because you have to fit the ATC Mini Album inside the box, you will have to keep the elements fairly flat so that the lid will close. So I fussy cut and layered a few simple elements from the collection onto the front, then tied the bow. Easy peasy.
Stamperia Alice ATC Tea Box Mini Album Tutorial: The ATC Mini Album
The 2 3/4″ x 3 5/8″ mini album is slightly larger than regulation ATC size, but close enough for me. You will learn how to custom build it to fit inside the G45 ATC box.
Wrap burlap around the spine. This not only looks great, but it helps to strengthen the integrity of the spine. Then attach ribbon with 1/2″ Scor-Tape to serve as a closure mechanism.
Stamperia Alice ATC Tea Box Mini Album Tutorial: Interactive Features
The trick to creating a small album with 12×12 papers is making things fit. To solve this, I scored border pieces like this 12″ strip then accordion folded to make it fit.
On the reverse side, I added sentiment tea bag tags that I’ve been saving.
The album is made up of (3) 2 1/2″ x 3 5/8″ page units. Each page unit is actually 4 separate pages with flap features or turn pages and a pocket. I tucked a tea bag into the pocket of each page unit.
The left hand page is a 2 1/4″ wide strip of designer paper from the collection. It is nearly three times the height of the page. In order to use it, I scored it into 3 sections, cut tab corners, added magnets and folded to create a little folio to hold ATC cards. The page on the right has a fun turn tab feature.
Belly Bands are a quick and easy way to add interest to an album. Just score 1/2″ flaps on each side of a scrap piece of paper, then tuck tags from the paper collection behind it. The right hand page is actually a bookmark that I turned into a fold down page.
How fun is that?
This flap page lifts to reveal a pocket and teacup.
This fussy cut teapot is scored in half. Then I glued the right hand half to the page, folded it, and added adhesive to the left hand side. Close the page, and voila! It’s perfectly set!
And here’s another fun pull out page.
Stamperia Alice ATC Tea Box Mini Album Tutorial Video
i hope you’ll enjoy this project tour and the tutorial that follows it. I’ve added a linked supply list and cutting guide below for your convenience.
Did I share some tips, techniques and ideas that you can use in your own crafty adventures? If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Product Links to The Funkie Junkie Boutique
For the box: Graphic 45 ATC Box
- Inside box
- (2) 3 7/8″ x 2 1/8″ for long sides
- (2) 2 7/8″ x 2 1/8″ for short sides
- (1) 2 3.4″ x 3 3/4″ for box bottom
- (1) 2 1/4″ x 4 5/8″ for inside spine
- (1) 3 1/4″ x 4 5/8″ for inside cover
- Cut the playing cards to 2 1/4″ high and wrap around the outside box.
- Outside box
- (2) 3 1/2″ x 4 5/8″ for lid and bottom
- (1) 2 3/8″ x 4 5/8″ for outer spine
For the Album
- (2) 2 3/4″ x 3 3/4″ Chipboard Covers
- (1) 1 1/2″ x 3 3/4″ spine
- 9 1/4″ x 4 3/4″ kraft paper to cover the chipboard covers
- 7 1/2″ x 3 1/2″ kraft paper for the spine mechanism
- score on the long side at 1 1/2, then (9) 1/2″ scores
- 5″ x 7 1/4″ Score on the short side at 2 1/2″ , long side fold in half and pinch, then score. Each page unit will measure 2 1/2″ x 3 5/8″ when folded.
- Page liners: 2 3/8″ x 3 1/2″
- Fold out pages: 12″ x 2 1/4″. Score every 2 3/8″ then trim