Throwback Thursday: Authentique Mister Masculine Valentine Tutorial and Video
Hello, Friends! Happy Throwback Thursday! Today I have a really fun Authentique Mister Masculine Valentine Tutorial to share with you. Valentine’s Day will be here before we blink twice, and it’s always hard to come up with a great Valentine for the man in our life. This interactive flip style card is easy to make, fun to give and easy to adapt to any paper collection you have in your stash. You could even make this same card base and turn it into a feminine card by changing up the paper collection and the embellishments. You gotta love that!
Authentique Mister Masculine Valentine: Flips and Flaps
This all started when I was clearing up my work desk and found some nice panels of heavy kraft cardstock. As off cuts from an earlier project, they all measured 5 1/2″ tall. One piece was 12″ x 5 1/2″. The other was only 6 1/2″ x 5 1/2″. Simply joined them together with 1/2″ Scor-Tape and you end up with a lovely, long 18″ x 5 1/2″ panel. Now you can score and fold to create a gatefold card with pockets and flaps. Here’s where to score:
- From the left, score at 2 3/4″ and again at 6 1/2″.
- Fold along the scored lines. Then tuck into the corner of your scoring tool and score at 5 1/2″ and again at 10″. You’ll see how to do this in the video below, but I just provided measurements here for your convenience.
Authentique Mister Masculine Valentine: A Peek Inside
Here’s what the flip card looks like when you open the first fold.
Flip the panel on the left to reveal a flap page. The second panel in is a great place to add a photo. I opted to decorate it with fussy cuts and stickers instead.
Here’s the folio fully opened. You’ll find a vertical pocket with inserts and a side pocket on the far right. Learn how to add these in the video tutorial.
Because my husband enjoys reading, I created a fancy little bookmark for him. It lives in the right hand side pocket.
Authentique Mister Masculine Valentine: The Video Tutorial
To learn how to make this fun project, just click play. We’ll build the flip card base together, and add the pockets. I’ll show you how to put that cute bookmark together, too!
Did I share some tips, tricks and ideas in this Throwback Thursday post that have you itching to dig into your stash and make a masculine Valentine? If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
Thanks for stopping by!
*Note: because this is a Throwback Thursday project, some materials used may no longer be available for purchase. Feel free to substitute papers and embellishments from your own crafty stash.
- Authentique Mister Collection Kit (includes Stickers)
- scraps from the 6×6 paper pad
- Spectrum Cardstock: Antique Linen, Old Glory
- Kraft Cardstock…anything you have on hand will do
- Strong Magnets
- 1/2″ Scor-Tape
- Tim Holtz Idea-Ology Buckles
- Copper Brads from my stash
- Vintage Tool Charms
- Lobster Clasp
- Tool Brads ( bought from a friend…I have no idea where they came from)
- Power Punch
- Crop a Dile Stub Corner Chomper
- Eyelet Setting Tool
- Score Board