Stamperia Winter Botanic Gift Box Folio Tutorial: Papercrafting 101/Pockets
Hello, Friends! This Stamperia Winter Botanic Gift Box Folio Tutorial is an answer to your requests. You all loved this Stamperia Make a Wish Gift Box folio I shared a while ago. So in the spirit of Christmas, I decided to combine that tutorial with my promise to do a Papercrafting 101 installment focusing on pockets. Hey, it’s holiday crunch time, so I am trying to do double duty here!
In the tutorial below, you will learn how to create the folio base from 2 sheets of 8 1/2″ x 11″ cream cardstock. I’ll also show you how to add magnets for the closure, how to create quick and easy pockets, and how to make large image paper work in this small 4 1/4″ x 5″ format. The great thing about this style of folio is that it is quick to make, easy to adapt and wonderful to give as a gift for any occasion.
Stamperia Winter Botanic Gift Box Folio Tutorial: Shake it Up!
To create the shaker frame for the folio cover, follow these steps:
- First heat emboss a Renea Bouquet Snowflake Frame with WOW Vintage Champagne Embossing Powder.
- Next, use the largest Spellbinder’s Small Standard Circle Die to cut clear acrylic cardstock. Adhere this piece to the back side of the frame using Dries Clear Adhesive.
- Then, place 3 layers of Darice Foam Strips on the back side of the snowflake frame.
- Now, Die cut the winter bird circle from the Winter Botanic Paper collection. Back it with dimensionals and adhere to the prepared folio base.
- Next, fill the center of the frame with a mixture of sequins, beads, buttons and half pearls. About 2 Tablespoons of filler is plenty.
- Align the frame over the image and press gently to seal.
- Add a Moss Green Shimmer Satin Bow, flowers and pearls to the folio cover.
TIP: If your shaker has a “leaky” spot where elements are escaping, you can seal the gap with Dries Clear Adhesive. It works like a charm.
Stamperia Winter Botanic Gift Box Tutorial: A Peek Inside
This sweet folio has pockets….
…folio inserts and pull out pages…
and a gorgeous selection of gifts. What a great way to send cheer in the middle of winter! There are more surprises waiting to be revealed in the project tour and tutorial below.
Stamperia Winter Botanic Gift Box Folio Tutorial on YouTube
I hope I’ve shared some tips, tricks and ideas that you can use in your own crafty adventures. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
And if you’d like to purchase this gift box folio, you can find it in my ETSY SHOP.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Stamperia Winter Botanic 12×12 Paper Pad
- 2 sheets 8 1/2 x 11 Cream Cardstock/100#
- Renea Bouquet Beautiful Board Snowflake Frame
- Vintage Champagne WOW Embossing Powder
- Versamark Embossing Ink Pad
- Heat Gun
- Clear Acrylic Cardstock
- Sequins, Buttons, beads and pearls (I combined several mixes from Buttons Galore)
- Little Birdie Flowers : Renae Classic
- Moss Shimmer Satin Ribbon
- Iridescent Metallic String
- 1/2″ Scor-Tape
- Darice Foam Strips
- Callista Rectangle Die from Spellbinders
- Spellbinders Standard Circle Small Die