Welcome to Our Jungle Baby Boy Elephant Card with Graphic 45 Safari Adventure
Hello, G45’ers! Don’t you just love it when inspiration hits? That’s exactly what happened the other day as I was cleaning up my work table. I’d been playing with Graphic 45’s amazing Safari Adventure Collection and my eye suddenly fell on the darling image of the Mama Elephant and her baby. Like a flash, I could see this sweet Baby Elephant Card come together in my mind. Time to switch gears from clean up mode to creativity mode. The result? A super adorable Welcome to Our Jungle Baby Boy Elephant Card! Check it out!
Go ahead…you can give a little “squeeeee” if you want to! LOL A baby card is about the last item I expected to make with these papers, but I honestly think this might be my favorite baby boy card ever! And to think that I made it almost entirely with the scraps that were on my work surface! Sa-weeet!
Welcome to Our Jungle Baby Boy Elephant Card: Working With UTEE
- Use a Spellbinder Small Circle Die to cut out the sweet mama elephant and her baby. When doing this, I always create a template by taping a scrap piece of paper to my die, and cutting a scrap piece of paper. Remove the die cut circle, but leave the “frame” attached to the die. Now you can place the open circle over your image to get the placement just right. Tape the die in place and cut out the image.
- Next cut the correlating large circle die to create a mat from the 12×12 Prints and patterns.
- To give the image this lovely, glassy appearance, you will heat emboss with UTEE. (Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel). The steps for this follow
- Ink up the image with Versamark or other clear embossing ink. Be generous!
- Cover the image with UTEE and let the excess slide off into a tray or a piece of clean paper. You can put the excess back into the jar and use it again.
- Hold the image with a pair of tweezers so you don’t burn your fingers.
- Heat emboss from the UNDERSIDE of the image. This is really, really important! If you try to heat emboss from the top, the large crystals of the UTEE will fly all over you, all over your work surface, and probably end up on the surface of the moon. It’s a really big mess.
- Once the UTEE starts to melt, you can heat emboss from the topside to completely melt the crystals.
- If it’s not as glossy as you’d like, let it cool a bit, and repeat all the above steps. UTEE is HOT …so don’t touch! Let it cool. For reals.
- Mat the image, attach to the doily and voila!
I took this angle shot so you can kind of see the UTEE shimmering on the surface of the image. It’s hard to see on camera, but trust me, in person it is amazing!
A Peek Inside Welcome to Our Jungle Baby Boy Elephant Card
Pockets on the inside make this card super fun! Leopard print paper? Yes, please!
These are some old Fiskars sentiment stamps that I found in my stash. Graphic 45 Staples ATC cards are just the right size to use as a sentiment tag. Make a pocket with an image from the 8×8 collection. Just cut a thumb hole with a circle punch and glue down the bottom and sides. Instant pocket, and the perfect size for a gift card, too.
Here’s the bottom pocket. The large ephemera card is a great place to add a personal note, or a photo of new mom and baby.
Elephants are such beautiful creatures, and I love the many different ways they are depicted in this collection. Have you noticed that elephants and other safari themes are trending in nursery decor? This whimsical Welcome to Our Jungle Baby Boy Elephant card would make a great addition to a baby boy’s room.
I’ll add a supply list with product links (where possible) below. I’d love to hear what you think about using this image on a baby card. Won’t you please share your thoughts with me in the comment section?
Thanks for stopping by!
Product Supply List for Welcome to Our Jungle Baby Boy Elephant Card
Graphic 45 Safari Adventure 12×12 Paper:
- Safari Adventure
- Amazing Africa
- Jungle Expedition
Safari Adventure 8×8 Papers
- Creatures Great and Small
- Amazing Africa
- Great Migration
Safari Adventure Chipboard 1 & 2
Safari Adventure Banners
Safari Adventure 12×12 Prints and Patterns
Staples Ivory ATC tag
Ranger UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel)
Spellbinder circle die, or other circle die
Two sheets of 8.5×11 Soft Sky Cardstock
Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts Laser Cut Doilies
Petaloo Canvas Rosettes
Petaloo Textured Elements Ivory Mixed textured Mini Blossoms
Really Reasonable Ribbon Light Blue Micro Gingham, Ivory Burlap String, Parrot Green Leaves
Fiskars Precious Baby Quotes Clear Acrylic Stamps
Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink
Brad, Stick Pins, Novelty Buttons