Vintage Santa Easel Card for the Really Reasonable Ribbon October Blog Hop
Hello, Ribbon Lovers! Today I’m sharing a Vintage Santa Easel Card for the Really Reasonable Ribbon October Blog Hop. You should be coming here filled with inspiration from Karen’s lovely blog. This hop is all about the beautiful Christmas Ribbons in the October Ribbon Club assortment. They are soooo festive!
I just love this mix of classic and retro styled ribbons! They are the perfect accompaniment for Authentique’s Vintage Christmas papers to make this Vintage Santa Easel card.
The green ribbons from the Christmas Ribbon assortment really compliment the papers in this 6″ square easel card.
White crochet lace from the assortment adds that vintage feel to the plaid paper panel.
- First, tie a double loop bow from 5/8″ Forest Green Satin Swirls Ribbon on your Bow-it-All Tool.
- Next, tie a second double loop bow from the 3/8″ Forest Green Satin with a Gold Metallic Edge Ribbon. Both my bows are 3″ wide.
- Now, glue the Forest Green Satin Swirls bow in place with hot glue.
- Then, add the 3/8″ metallic trim bow on top.
- Next, add some finishing touches to the Petaloo Pine Cone and Berry Branch. Curl the stick end of the branch around a piercing tool. Tap the pine cones with Distress Grit Paste. Then sprinkle with extra fine glitter.
- Finally, glue the pine cone cluster on top of the ribbons.
Vintage Santa Easel Card: A Peek Inside
The “stopper” on an easel card becomes part of the interior design. I created mine by matting a collection sticker onto kraft cardstock. Then I cut banners from all the other ribbons in the collection and glued them to the back of the sentiment panel.
On with the Hop!
The next stop on this inspiring hop is Cherry’s blog. She always uses the ribbons in such a fun way.
After you’ve visited each blog, hop on over to the Really Reasonable Ribbon blog and answer Bonnie’s question of the month. Then your name will be entered into the random draw to win your very own Christmas Ribbon Assortment!
You can find more ribbony inspiration and all the details about the hop HERE.
And, if you haven’t signed up for the Monthly Ribbon Club, now is the perfect time! It’s a great way to add gorgeous ribbon to your stash at very reasonable prices. The ribbons come to you in the mail and it’s just like getting a Christmas present every month of the year. You can sign up HERE.
Thanks for hopping by!