You’ve Been Booed: Halloween Treat Tags with Halloween Ribbon
Hello, Friends! You’ve been BOOED! Which is a very good thing in our part of the world. This fun trend involves leaving a Halloween treat on a neighbor’s doorstep, ringing the doorbell and running away. A note inside says, “You’ve Been Booed!” and encourages the recipient to pay it forward to someone else in the neighborhood. The treat can be anything from a card, to a bottle of wine, to a sweet treat. But I thought these frightfully fabulous Halloween Treat Tags would be perfect for the occasion.
You’ve Been Booed: Creating the Tag Base
For each tag base you will need to do the following:
- First, cut a 4″ x 8 1/2″ panel of heavy, 110# black cardstock.
- Then cut (2) 3 7/8″ x 8 3/8″ panels of patterned paper.
- Now, pull out some corner shaping dies and crop the top corners.
- Next, place the long side of the tag on your scoring tool. Score at 6″ and again at 6 1/2″.
- Then, line the tag front and back with the patterned paper. Score each side at 6″ and 6 1/2″ again after you add each layer.
- Now. old the bottom of the tag up to form a pocket.
- Next, cut (2) 1″ x 1 1/2″ scraps of black cardstock. Score at 1/2″ and again at 3/4″. Fold to form little tabs that will fit inside the pocket and form sides. Adhere.
- Finally, wrap the bottom edge of the pocket with 1/4″ Scor-Tape and wrap with Halloween Ribbon.
You’ve Been Booed: Adding the Details
Decorate your pocket with handmade rosettes, Halloween Charms and stickers. I’ve used Authentique’s Twilight Collection to make my tags. Then, fill the pockets with treats that any grown up ghoul or goblin would enjoy.
I’ve added some Biscoff cookies, candy corn, a tea wallet, honey stick, vintage spoon and chocolate to my tag pockets.
You’ve Been Booed: A Little Upcycled Card
This wee card is attached to a clothing tag that I salvaged from my husband’s cargo shorts. The main tag measured about 3″ x 4″ and had a nice shape. Two smaller tags were attached with jute cord. Clearly, they were too nice to throw away. So I painted them with black chalk paint and turned them into a vehicle for this wee card.
There’s room inside for a little ghoulish greeting. The small tags are dressed up with paper scraps and stickers.
You’ve Been Booed: The Ribbon Topper
The thing that really makes this tag spooktacular is the ribbon topper. These all come from the Really Reasonable Ribbon September Ribbon Club Assortment. Simply punch a hole at the top of each tag, thread the ribbons and the jute string on the upcycled tags through the hole. Don’t fold the ribbons in half; just pull them through and tie them together with another bit of ribbon. Tie a bow, add some fall leaves and a flower, and you’ve got a fabulous tag!
Here’s a look at the other tag I made.
Don’t take this the wrong way…but I hope YOU get BOOED this Halloween!
Thanks for stopping by!