Spellbinder’s Botanical Solarium Shaker Card Tutorial
Hello, Friends! Today we have a Spellbinders Botanical Solarium Shaker Card Tutorial to share with you. This bright and sunny card also uses the Vista View Window Dies and happy papers from Carta Bella Here, There and Everywhere collection. It’s the perfect card for your favorite gardener or plant mom. And it is so much fun to make!
There is so much to love about this Botanical Solarium die set! First, can you spy the adorable gardening tools on that potting shed bench? I don’t know what it is about little detail dies like this, but they make my heart happy!
Then, can we talk about the terra cotta pots? The detail on these is amazing, but they are so quick and easy to make.
Chippy Mixed Vista View Window and Rustic Potting Bench
Let’s talk for a minute about that chippy potting shed window frame. It turned out just the way I imagined it in my head. You might like to know how I did it, so here are the details.
- First die cut two of the Vista View Window Frames from heavy kraft cardstock.
- Next, ink the frames with a brown ink, like Gathered Twigs Distress Ink.
- Now, thin out a bit of chalk paint and dry brush it lightly over the window frame.
TIP: To dry brush means to pick up a bit of paint on your brush, then wipe most of it off on a piece of scrap paper or on your craft sheet. Then lightly brush over the surface. It makes the details like the embossed areas of the frame pop.
- Dry the frame with your heat tool, then very lightly skip over it again with the Gathered Twigs Ink.
- Finish with a few light mists of a metallic spray. I used a copper mist on my frame.
I explain the rest of the process for creating the shaker window in the video below.
A Peek Inside
More cheery papers line the inside of this 5″ x 7″ top fold card. And, of course, there’s a pocket!
Fill the pocket with a sunny little bookmark, an embossed sheet of note paper, and a tea wallet envelope made with scraps of designer paper. Oh, and don’t forget to tuck in the honey stick!
Spellbinders Botanical Solarium Shaker Card Tutorial on YouTube
Now grab a cuppa and a snack and enjoy this video tutorial on my YouTube channel.
Suddenly, I feel as though I need to go dig in the dirt. How about you?
You can find a linked supply list below this post.
Thanks so much for stopping by, friends!
- Spellbinders Windows with a View Dies
- Acetate Sheets
- Carta Bella Here, There and Everywhere Collection
- Echo Park Our Story Matters 6×6 papers
- this is the pastel belly band…my grandgirls accidentally slipped it in with the wrong collection. Sorry about that!
- 1/4″ foam tape
- Gina K. Faded Brick Cardstock
- 3/8″ Yellow Gold Checkerboard Satin Ribbon
- burlap string
- Sunflower Sky Shaker Mix
- Mirasol Sprinkletz