613 Avenue Create Your Own Challenge
Hello, Friends! It’s time for another great challege at 613 Avenue Create! As always, our challenges are “anything goes with an optional twist.” The optional twist is a 613 Avenue “Create Your Own Challenge.” You can get all the details on the BLOG, but the basics are this. Use the chart below as your guide, and choose at least ONE item from each column to create your own challenge.
Here’s the project I designed using items from each column….just to challenge myself!
I just received the new Graphic 45 “A Time to Flourish” paper this week, and i could not WAIT to dig into it for this challenge! These papers/images are from the December pages. I love winter birds, so this was right up my alley! So, can you spot all the different items I chose from the chart while making this card?
- From Column 1, I used patterned paper and bling
- From Column 2, I used the sentiment from the paper collection, and a die cut tucked in behind the flowers…which are made with the Sunkissed Fleur die and Christmas Poinsettia Stamp from Heartfelt Creations.
- From column 3, I matted everything with solid colored paper, and I used embossing on my flowers and on the die cut.
- from Column 4, I made my flowers and stitched on the card
- Column 5: I used gorgeous Gray Plaid ribbon and topped it with Silver Metallic Grosgrain ribbon and I used a square focal on my card. Which, technically, is not a square card, but the focal is square, so I figured I could squeak that in, right?
I love this sentiment! Truer words have never been spoken!
I really like the dark gray card base with these colors. It sort of grounds everything and keeps them from floating off into space.
There are some great sponsors and PRIZES for this challenge, so you will want to play along. You can find out all about them and the prizes on the 613 Avenue BLOG.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
I’m also entering this card in the following challenges:
- 7 Kids College Fund Anything Goes (I used Graphic 45 Time to Flourish)
- A Song In Your He(ART) (Merry and Bright sentiment on front of card)
- The Crafter’s Cafe Challenge (use a doily…die cut doily on front of card)
- Simon Says Stamp (Christmas Holidays)
- Word Art Wednesday (anything goes)
- Whimsy Stamps Inspiration Challenge (anything goes)
Gorgeous!!! Thanks so much for participating in our A SONG IN YOUR HEART challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
A Little Bit O’ Paper
oh WOW, this is gorgeous…I luv all of the details! I am thrilled you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!
sparkle & shine *~*
Kathy I love the strip of Christmas postage winding in and out – and the glittery silver poinsettias are gorgeous! What a beautiful project!
Absolutely stunning card!
Hi Kathy, you did good, with the challenge, so many lovely things to bring a breath taking
creation. just gorgeous. sounds, like a good idea with this challenge. see if I can work it in.
for fun .
Beautiful! I love the flowers, ribbon & that fabulously beautiful new G45 paper. This is stunning!
The combo of those flowers and the sparkly ribbon is amazing. You ROCKED the challenge and this new paper pad!
WOW! You go girl … this is absolutely FABULOUS! I just LOVE your style! HUGS and HAPPY DAY!!
Well look at that…you know what they say about great minds! We both did silver this weekend! I just love this Kathy, what a gorgeous card! Your poinsettia is stunning and I love how you carried the poinsettia and ribbon to the sentiment panel in miniature, it really makes the card flow! The accordion style ticket across the bottom is such a great bit, love it all! Hope you Christmas decorating and planning is going well! big hugs 🙂
Oh my goodness…this is simply gorgeous! Loving that pretty G45 paper!
Oh Kathy, I so look forward to your amazing designs. Jen
Hi Kathy , you’ve done it again!!! This is beautiful, so many things to look at and they all come together so well. Thanks for sharing.x
so many beautiful details
Breathtaking,, love all the beautiful details.