Introducing Everythings Blooming by Annette Green with Elizabeth Craft Designs
Hello, Friends! Today I have the honor of introducing Everythings Blooming by Annette Green. Annette and I formed a friendship when we were both special projects designers for Graphic 45. She’s such a fun person, and incredibly talented. I’m so excited to announce that Annette has just released her very first collection of dies and stamps with Elizabeth Craft Designs. Even better, Annette has invited me to join her design team. What fun!
This new collection is called Everythings Blooming. It’s loaded with 10 lovely die sets and 3 sets of stamps. I was immediately drawn to the Playful Flowers and Large Doilies dies. Since our newlywed daughter and her husband have just moved into their first home, I decided to make them a little housewarming gift featuring these fun dies.
How to Shape 3-D Everythings Blooming Playful Flowers
These layered flowers are really versatile! You can layer them flat, which is very pretty. Or, you can take them 3-D as I did here.
- First, die cut the flowers from white cardstock. I used the 3 petal flowers with the heart shaped petals, the pierced petals and the solid petals. Cut 3 of each.
- Next, swipe Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick and Picked Raspberry Distress Ink on your craft sheet. Spritz with water until little beads of color form.
- Now place your flower layers into the inky puddle and tap gently for a second or two. Flip the flower layer so that you can add ink to the back side as well. You can repeat this process until you’ve achieved the color you desire.
- Next, gently heat dry the flowers with your heat gun, or leave them to dry on their own.
- Gently shape the backs of the flower layers with a ball stylus to slightly round them.
- Stack the three shaped layers together with the pierced layer in the back, the solid layer in the center and the heart shaped layer at the front.
- Use a dab of hot glue between the layers, and before you add the second layer, place some pretty flower stamens in the hot glue.
- Once the layers are all stacked, you can kind of pinch the outer edges to pouf out the flowers.
- Lightly brush or spatter with diluted ivory chalk paint and brush the top and sides with Picked Raspberry distress ink.
The Shaker Frame
The Large Doilies are a perfect choice for shaker frames! Simply die cut clear cardstock (acetate sheets) with a circle die and adhere to the back of the doily. Add three layers of 1/8″ foam strips and you’ve got a super cute shaker frame!
A Peek Inside
I added a little pocket inside the card, then tucked in a cute magnet made with one of the 4×6 cards from the paper collection.
Such a sweet sentiment to hang on the fridge, don’t you agree?
More Playful Flowers
Because I was having so much fun with these dies, I decided to make another card. These dimensional flowers are made with the same process I used for the first card. Aren’t they cheery? I layered in some of the Stemmed Flowers to fill out my bow cluster.
Do you like the shaker frame? It’s made with the Everythings Blooming Postage Stamps Dies. They are perfect for shaker frames! I also made a cute bee tag with the Honeybee and Happy Stamp sets. The “hello” greeting is die cut from the Everyday Words dies. Each word has a solid shadow layer, which makes it very easy to add the sentiment to the project.
Let’s talk about that sweet layered border, shall we? This is made by die cutting two layers with the Lace Borders Dies. The bottom layer is solid color cardstock and the top is patterned paper. Stagger the layers when you glue them together to achieve this fun look.
You knew there had to be a pocket, didn’t you?
I tucked in a sweet little tea wallet, tea bag, honey stick, bookmark and a blank circular sentiment panel.
I will be back on Saturday with more fun Everythings Blooming samples. The dies are shipping out to stores now, and should be available in April. I’ll provide links in the supply list at the bottom of this post.
Thanks for stopping by, friends!
- Dies: ECD Everythings Blooming Collection by Annette Green
- Stamps: ECD Everythings Blooming Clear Stamps by Annette Green
- Paper Carta Bella Homemade
- Clear cardstock (Acetate sheets)
- 1/8″ foam strips
- Shaker Elements
- Distress inks
- Picked Raspberry, Worn Lipstick, Spun Sugar
- Abandoned Coral, Ripe Persimmon, Spiced Marmalade