Amazing Paper Grace Bella Diamante Butterfly Garden Shaker Card
Hello, Friends! Have you seen the Amazing Paper Grace Bella Diamante Club Kit for February 2021? Ooh la la! This die speaks my creative language! I could not wait to work it up into this Butterfly Garden Shaker Card!
This amazing die even comes with a Cinch and Go flower so that you can make matching flowers to go with your card or layout. I love that!
How to make the Bella Diamante Shaker Frame
Since 5×7 cards are my “go to”, this large die makes me a very happy crafter! Here’s how I used this die to make a fabulous shaker element.
- First, die cut patterned paper with just the outer frame from the die set.
- Next, use just the outer diamond frame to die cut the butterfly image from Kaisercraft’s Flower Shoppe paper collection. (Linked below).
- Now layer the outer frame, inner scrollwork, and diamond frame over white cardstock and die cut.
- Then repeat the above step with silver foil cardstock. Adhere the two die cuts together so that they are slightly offset.
- Next, cut clear cardstock (acetate) with the diamond frame and adhere to the back of the frame.
- Now add 3 layers of 1/8″ foam strips to the back of the diamond frame.
- And here’s the fun part: place your sequin mix in the center of the butterfly image. Then remove the paper liners from the foam strips and press the shaker top in place.
- Now adhere your handmade flowers with a few paper flowers, some ribbon and pearls to finish the card front.
A Peek Inside
I even found a way to put this die to use on the inside of my card.
Die cut silver foil paper with the triangle frame and insert dies to create a lovely sentiment panel inside the card.
Join the Club!
If you’d like to add this magnificent die to your stash, all you have to do is join the Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month Club. Spellbinders will ship the February die out to you in your first club package. You can sign up HERE.
Amazing Paper Grace layering dies are my favorite…and I know I will get lots of use out of this month’s set!
I hope I’ve shared some tips, tricks and ideas to help you make the most of this Bella Diamante Die set. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Amazing Paper Grace Bella Diamante DOM
- Kaisercraft Flower Shoppe Collection
- Barefoot Beach Sequin Mix
- Sheer Organza with Satin Center/White
- Tutu Pink Prills
- Small White Pearl Stamens
Oh Kathy, this is such a beautiful shaker card! The colors are such a dreamy blue and that diamond shaped shaker window is just fabulous. I love that gingham background and also the wonderful sentiments you have added. Thank you for sharing! Hugs!
Oh my Kathy, another beautiful card for sure. Love the blues and the butterflies. Be safe & TYFS
So pretty in blue and with the butterflies.
Another fabulous card, Kathy!! Love your design!!
I absolutely agree with everything that MaryH just said! I couldn’t of said it any better. This card is beautiful! Thanks for sharing your creation. Hugs, Suzy Q
I am such a fan of Becca Feeken’s elegant, sophisticated dies which inspire such creativity. Your layout is spectacular yet again inspiring all of us to be better crafters. I love the juxtaposition of the swirling die cuts to the plaid paper. As always your choices of delicate flowers, butterflies, and embellishments enhance both the layout and die patters. You always select such beautiful colors for the project at hand. Simply stated, you are undeniably a member of the crafter–royalty for cards & folios.