Amazing Paper Grace Endless Summer Shaker Card: Guest Designer Post
Hello, Friends! Summer is upon us, so I thought I would create this lovely Authentique Endless Summer Shaker Card for this week’s Guest Designer Post at Amazing Paper Grace. The shaker element is made with the Spellbinder’s Shapeablilities Brillante Rondelle Etched Dies by Becca Feeken. The floral cluster is made with APG Cinch and Go Flowers V.
TIP: Die cut flowers from patterned paper, then sponge with ink or spritz with spray to make custom flowers that match your project perfectly. Fill the centers with small buttons or Prills, as I have here.
Endless Summer Shaker Card: The Shaker Element
Here’s how I created this lovely shaker element:
- First, place the #1, 2, and 3 Brillante Rondelle Dies on Whip Cream Cardstock. (#1 is the largest die.)
TIP: Make sure the dies are evenly spaced on all sides for the best cut. You can hold them in place with a small piece of washi tape. The washi tape will not tear your paper, but will hold the dies in place during the cutting process.
- Next, use just the #1 die to cut a circle from clear cardstock.
- Then cut a second circle using the mason jar paper from Authentique Endless. This image will be the background for your shaker element.
- Now adhere the clear cardstock circle to the back of the Brillante Rondelle using a thin bead of Dries Clear Adhesive.
- Once the glue is set, place the window face down on a clean sheet of paper. This will protect it from any smudges or soil.
- Then, place a triple layer of Darice Foam Strips around the inner margin of the die cut. Leave the liner tape in place on the top layer for now.
- Next, fill the shaker box with Lilac Lane Summer Nights Sequin Mix.
- Remove the liner tape and adhere the mason jar circle to the shaker box.
Endless Summer Shaker Card: The Easel Action
Easel cards look so fancy, yet they are amazingly simple to make.
- Create a 6″ x 5 1/2″ top fold card.
- Score the front side of the card in half again at 2 3/4″ .
- Fold this flap back so that the card front looks like a triangle, or tent as seen in the above photo.
- Score and fold the extra length at the bottom of the card base to serve as a pocket inside the card.
- Now create a second 6″ x 5 1/2″ panel of cardstock and build the card front on it. When finished, adhere the bottom half of the card front to the bottom edge of the card base.
- Pop up the Center Die Cut from the Brillante Rondelle Die on foam tape or waste chipboard.
- Adhere it along the bottom right edge of the card base as seen in the above photo. This raised element acts as a brake for the easel, enabling it to stand upright.
- Top the brake with a large button to cover up the dimensional element.
Endless Summer Shaker Card: Finishing Touches
- Fussy cut the butterfly from the paper collection.
- Tap with embossing ink and heat emboss using Seth Apter’s Vintage Beeswax Baked Texture.
- Let the wings cool slightly, then shape with your fingertips.
- Adhere to the Brillante Rondelle Shaker Element.
- Tie a double loop bow with Fuchsia, Orange and Lavender Plaid Ribbon. Tuck beneath the flower cascade. Tie a second bow with Gold Metallic String and add to the bow cluster.
- Tap a vintage heart charm with ivory chalk paint and add to the sentiment strip.
Endless Summer Shaker Card: A Peek Inside
- Adhere a 5 7/8″ wide x 2″ strip of designer paper to the pocket flap. Adhere just the sides to the card base. Fill the pocket with cut apart images from the paper collection.
I hope I’ve shared some tips, tricks and ideas that you can use in your own crafty adventures. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
I’ll be back next week with another Guest Design Post for Amazing Paper Grace. If you’d like to see the Wedding Folio I created with the Vintage Treasures Dies last week, click HERE.
You’ll find a linked supply list below.
Thanks for stopping by!
Endless Summer Shaker Card Supply List
Amazing Paper Grace Vintage Treasures Dies
Inks, Tools and Adhesives