Amazing Paper Grace Filigree Marquis Die with Carta Bella Flora Friendship Folio
Hello, Friends! I think you’re going to fall in love with this Amazing Paper Grace Filigree Marquis Die. It’s one of the new dies in Spellbinder’s “Classically Becca” release. Elegant, versatile, and inspiring are words that come to mind. I spent a delightful afternoon creating a Friendship Party in a Box Folio with Carta Bella’s Flora 4 collection. And this die set the tone for the design.
Although the die is sized to fit the front of an A2 (4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″) card base, it makes the perfect focal frame on this 6×6 folio. The die also has a gorgeous filigree oval in the center. Here’s where the versatility comes in. Cut the die in half and layer it beneath the focal to add another layer of elegance to your creation.
Cinch and Go Flowers
This release also features a brand new Cinch and Go Flower set. Becca is famous for dies that create gorgeous flowers with minimal effort. Here’s how I made the flowers for this folio.
- First, die cut flower layers from a sheet of 8 1/2″ x 11″ whip cream cardstock.
- TIP: Always die cut more flower layers than you need for the project you are working on. This way, you have a stash of prepared flower layers that are ready to go!
- Next, cup the flowers by running a ball stylus from the outer edge of the petal to the center. Apply gentle pressure, and the petals will magically turn up and shape themselves!
- Now apply the ball stylus around the center of each petal layer to finish the shaping process.
- Then layer the petals together, staggering the petals. Use hot glue or liquid adhesive to hold the petals in place.
- Next, shape the stamen die cuts in the same way and adhere in the center of each flower. You can fill the centers with beaded stamens, micro beads, Czech beads, or Prills, as I did.
- Finally, lightly brush the edges with ink to bring out the details. I used Gathered Twigs because it worked well with my paper selections.
I’ll show you all the flower layers in the short video tour below. But look how adorable this itty bitty posy is!
Decorate the folio spine with a cluster of dangle charms. I used an antique bronze clock, rhinestone gem, enamel bee and resin leaves. Attach the charms to a lobster claps with jump rings.
A Peek Inside
Add a box pocket inside the folio. Then fill it with everything you might need to create a tea party for one!
Use scraps of designer paper to gift wrap little treats.
This side pocket is the perfect spot to tuck in a note card and a trio of darling tags.
A hidden pocket in the center panel provides room for a pull out folio. Place adhesive just along the bottom edge of an ephemera tag to create a tuck spot for a 3×4 card.
Meet the Amazing Paper Grace Filigree Marquis Die & Flower in a YouTube tour
To help you get a feel for the flow of this folio, and to introduce you to this wonderful die and flower, I’ve created a very short YouTube video tour.
You’ll find a linked supply list below this post. To see the entire “Classically Becca” release at Spellbinders, please click HERE.
Thanks so much for stopping by!