Photoplay April Gnome of the Month Shaker Folio Tutorial for Make & Take Tuesday
Hello, Friends! It’s time to share our April Gnome of the Month Shaker Folio Tutorial for Make & Take Tuesday. If you’ve been following along, then you know this is the 4th installment in our “Gnome of the Month series. Get ready for bright spring colors, Gnomes with Bunny Ears, pretty florals and fun antics from our favorite Gnomies.
Shaking Up the Basic Design
The basic design for the folio is the same, but we change up the embellishments and trims to keep things fresh and fun. Here’s how to make the shaker frame:
- First, paint a Tim Holtz Lace Frame with off white chalk paint.
- Next, spatter the frame with Distress Paints that match the color palette. (Dried Marigold, Broken China, Squeezed Lemonade, Twisted Citron and Picked Raspberry.)
- Wait for the paint to dry, then cover the back side of the frame with clear cardstock (acetate sheets.)
- Then place 3 rows of 1/4″ foam tape around the back side of the frame.
- Now cut the sentiment from the bottom of the bunny tag and back it with foam tape.
- Next, adhere the bunny gnome tag to the folio base. Top with sequins, beads and Reneabouquets candy bits (all listed below) then press the frame in place.
You can watch the video below to see the process.
These folios are great to make for birthdays, too! Or substitute your favorite papers to use with the folio base to customize your design.
A Peek Inside
The flap feature offers a perfect spot for a pocket.
Then you can make cute mini folios to tuck inside.
Use the calendar page to write in birthdays, holidays and special events. Or, simply mount a photo over the calendar if desired. The center pocket affords more room for photos and journaling.
April Gnome of the Month Shaker Folio Tutorial on YouTube
If you’d like to learn how to make this April Gnome of the Month Shaker Folio, please enjoy this easy to follow YouTube tutorial.
If you need materials to make this month’s folio, I’ve added a linked supply list below this post.
I hope I added some sunshine to your day today!
Thanks for stopping by!
- Photoplay Year With My Gnomies Collection Kit
- Tim Holtz Lace Frame
- Clear Cardstock (acetate)
- 1/4″ foam tape
- Distress Paints
- Wendy Celebrate Life Little Birdie Flowers
- Grosgrain Ribbon
- Iridescent Metallic String
- Carrot Buttons
- Happy Easter Shaker Mix
- Cherries in Bloom Shaker Mix
- Bits and Bobs of unknown origin from my stash
Cute folio as usual, but I’m not sure why we created the original pocket in the center of the folio, just to completely cover it up with another pocket. (?????)
This is such a sweet folio, Kathy! I really love the shaker and the flower cluster!! Take care, my beautiful friend. xoxo
Adorable April gnome shaker folio Kathy!!! Luv every single detail on this one …it’s just too cute! And … Luv how you painted and splattered your shaker frame! I’m trying that! Sorry, I got so tickled watching you try and corral those beads!!! Lol! Feisty little dudes!!! Thanks so much for the tutorial! Big hugs, Suzy Q
Well this is just the cutest folio ever! I absolutely love all of the vibrant colors , the decorated eggs and especially that darling little bunny gnome in the shaker box. The spatter on the frame is really pretty and the bunny head key is a perfect embellishment. What a special folio for Easter! Thank you for sharing! Hugs!
As you know Kathy, the Gnomes are my favorite little characters!!! This is so cute with all the Spring colors – just happiness in a folio – well done again, Friend!!!!!
Super cute. Gnomes remain a popular subject. I see so many new gnomes in the gardens. There is a fellow that restores old garden gnomes to their original gnomeness. Beautiful folio Kathy, always so much detail! The little fellow inside the shaker is just too cute. Enjoy your Tuesday!
Thanks for the Make and Take Tuesday tutorial! Love the folio with the bright colors and of course love all the tips and tricks you provide.