August Gnome of the Month Folio Tutorial with Photoplay Year with My Gnomies
Hello, Friends! It’s hard to believe, I know, but it’s time to share our August Gnome of the Month Folio Tutorial. This year long series has been a ray of sunshine every month of 2022, hasn’t it? Break out your flip flops, sunglasses and tanning lotion because we are having fun in the sun in August!
The Shaker Box
This sun-drenched folio is filled with citrusy hues and summer fun. How about the sea turtle “rainbow” at the top of this super fun shaker frame? And what about all those juicy citrus fruits in the shaker? See? I told you this month’s folio was all about fun! Here’s how I altered the Reneabouquets Beautiful Box Ornament Frame for this cover;
- First, tap the frame with Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide Ink.
- Now, mist the frame lightly with water. This will activate the Oxide Ink,
- Next, tap the frame with clear embossing powder and heat emboss with clear embossing powder.
- Now, spatter Ripe Persimmon, Mustard Seed and Picket Fence Distress Paint over the surface of the frame. Let the paint spatters dry.
- Now, back the frame with clear acetate and 3 rows of foam tape.
- Next, die cut the circle of flip flops from the paper collection to serve as the back of the frame. Cut a slightly larger circle to make sure that the foam edges are completely covered.
- Now, fill the shaker box with Fruit Cocktail Sprinkletz and Christmas Carnival Sparkletz. (First, remove the Christmas trees)
- Finally, seal the back of the shaker box with the prepared die cut circle.
A Peek Inside and Video Tutorial
The 6×6 flip folio follows the same basic format as the previous 7 folios in this series.
New to this series? Click HERE to find the first 7 tutorials.)
August Gnome of the Month Folio Tutorial on YouTube
If you’d like to follow along as I create this month’s folio, please enjoy this video tutorial.
There’s a linked supply list below this post.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Photoplay Year with My Gnomies Calendar Collection
- Reneabouquets Beautiful Box Ornament Shaker Box Kit (comes with acetate)
- Fruit Cocktail Sprinkletz
- Christmas Carnival Sparkletz (out of stock)
- Toucan on White Satin Ribbon
- Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide Ink
- Distress Paint
- Ripe Persimmon
- Mustard Seed
- Picket Fence
- Embossing Ink
- Clear Embossing Powder
- 1/8″ foam tape
- Basic Circle Dies
- Beads and Charms from my stash
Oh Gnome you didn’t make another a delightful, fun-filled folio. I think everything from the layout to the embellishments are smile inducing and so cheerful! I look forward to more….
Oh Kathy, what vibrant, joyful colors in this folio! I love the citrus shaker elements and the turtles rainbow and the gnome on the scooter is just precious. He has such a cute personality. And on the inside you have added so many sweet and cute surprises. Thank you for sharing! Hugs!.
Well Kathy, most certainly I love, love the Gnome Monthly Folios! How can you not smile when working with these little cuties. Beautiful work as always, my friend and thank you for sharing!!!
Cute, bright and cheery, just what we need these days. Well done Kathy, well done, you nailed it!
This gnome card is just adorable! Luv the little guy on his scooter …and those turtles circling the shaker …adorable too! That parrot ribbon …cute! Luv the inside too!!! Hugs, Suzy Q