Graphic 45 August Time to Flourish Desk Folio Tutorial for Throwback Thursday
Hello, Friends! Can you believe that it’s already time to share this Graphic 45 August Time to Flourish Desk Folio Tutorial? Summer is just speeding by, isn’t it? The August papers are probably my favorites from the entire collection. Sunflowers just plain make me happy! And I indulged myself and gave myself time to create my own sunflowers using the Heartfelt Creations Rustic Sunflower dies. So this was a fun Throwback Thursday for me!
Sunny Skies, Sunflowers and Bees!
Here’s a look at the folio we’ll be making this month. Do you like the teal and gold color palette as much as I do? It just feels like a field of cheery sunflowers under a sunny summer sky to me.
Oh, but I did have fun making these lovely blossoms with the Heartfelt Creations Rustic Sunflower stamps and dies.
- First, stamp the sunflowers onto white cardstock using Saffron Archival Ink.
- Next, sponge the centers of the flowers with Rusty Hinge Distress Ink.
- Now, apply Wild Honey and Mustard Seed Distress Ink on the petals.
- Die cut the flower layers with the Rustic Sunflower Dies.
- Next, mist them lightly with water and run through the Rustic Sunflower Shaping mold.
- Now, layer the flowers together, staggering the petals. Mist lightly with Sunflower Sparkle Perfect Pearls Mist. Heat dry.
- Finally, fill the centers with hot glue and Czech glass beads and arrange as desired.
The Hidden Folio Pocket
This 5 1/2″ square folio tucks into a hidden pocket found on the bottom of the card base.
Look at all the fun interactive elements built into this mini folio!
Here’s a peek at the inside of the desk folio. There’s no shortage of fun here, either!
August Time to Flourish Desk Folio Tutorial on YouTube
If you’d like to follow along as I make this sunny creation, I hope you’ll enjoy this video tutorial.
We only have 4 more folios to go to complete this year long series. Maybe you can be thinking of another series for 2023! Do you want to make monthly banners? Wall hangings? What sounds good to you? Please share your ideas in the comment section below, and I’ll take them up for consideration, my friends!
You’ll find a linked supply list below this post.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Graphic 45 Time to Flourish Deluxe Collector’s Edition (DCE)
- 8×8 Time to Flourish Paper Pad
- Heartfelt Creations Rustic Sunflower
- Bee charms, buttons and twine from my stash.