Authentique Alpine Bundled Up With Love Layout
Hello, Friends! I’m hoping you all had a very Merry Christmas yesterday! By now, the presents are probably all unwrapped and there are nothing but crumbs left on the cookie plate. That’s as it should be. This Authentique Alpine Bundled Up With Love layout is filled with beautiful shades of blue and gorgeous vintage images and patterns.
A few weeks back, I received a surprise package in the mail from my sister in law. To my great delight, the envelope contained lots of old family photos, including this one of my big brother, Doug, enjoying his first sledding party. This was taken in 1946 on my grandmother’s farm in Williamstown, Vermont. I just had to capture these sweet photos in a layout. Doug passed away very suddenly in 1990 at the tender age of 44, so these pics are especially precious to me.
A Very Fun Mom
My mom was the most fun mom in the history of mom-dom. She loved to play in the snow as much as we kids did. Some of my fondest memories are of zipping down our great big hill on a sled with mom holding me firmly between her knees. She would whoop and holler just as loudly as we did as the wind nipped our noses and the sled sent the snow flying all around us. The faster we went, the better she liked it! So it makes perfect sense to me to see this innovative box sled that was rigged up for Dougie, her first born, so that they could play in the snow together.
Alpine Bundled Up With Love: Lots of layer!
This image of the mom and her child was the inspiration for my Alpine Bundled Up With Love layout. The image is fussy cut from Alpine Eight, and backed with waste chipboard to give it extra dimension. My mom always wore a kerchief just like the one depicted here. So nostalgic!
I created lots of distressed layers for this layout. Here’s what that looks like:
- First, Authentique Spectrum Cardstock in Antique Lace Two left at 12″ square
- Next, Dark blue calico from Alpine One trimmed to 11.5″ square
- Then, Country Village print from Alpine Three trimmed to 10″ square. Mat this on a slightly larger piece of Antique Lace Two.
- Now, use waste chipboard or foam tape between the layers to add lots of dimension
- Next, use Spellbinders Grand Labels One to cut out the cute winter hats from the Alpine 6.6 Bundle
- Then, die cut a a large circle (Spellbinder’s Grand Circles) from Alpine Three. Cut the circle in half and tuck each half behind the die cut label
- Create the snowflake center by staggering two 8″ square lace doilies in the center of the layout
Alpine Bundled Up With Love Layout: Fun with Embellishments!
Once I had all my layers in place, I was ready to embellish. I started by fussy cutting Winter is a Wonder from the top of the mother/child image. This was then backed with cardstock and tapped with grit paste to give it a snowy appearance.
Stickers from the 12×12 Collection kit make great embellishments. I simply backed them with cardstock, added foam tape or waste chipboard to the backs and tucked them in and around the layout.
I dug through my stash of novelty buttons and winter embellies to add lots of playful elements to the layout.
So if you are looking for the perfect collection for your winter fun photos, Alpine is it. I’ve barely scratched the surface of all the gorgeous patterns and images it provides.
Creating this layout stirred up so many happy memories for me. I hope it inspired you to break out your paper pretties and capture some memories on paper. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
Wishing you a happy and restful day after Christmas, with time for family fun! Thanks for stopping by!
Product Links for Bundled Up With Love Layout
NOTE: I will provide links to products whenever possible. Some items have been in my stash a long time and may no longer be available. Or I may have forgotten where I found them. But I’m sure you have lots of goodies that you can substitute where needed. Thanks for understanding.
- Alpine 12 x 12 Collection Kit (Includes Stickers) The individual papers I used are:
- Alpine 6×6 Paper Bundle
- Spectrum Series Antique Lace Two (2 sheets)
- Spellbinders Grand Nestabilities
- Grand Circles (die # 4) (retired)
- Labels One (Grand Labels Die #4) (retired)
- Petaloo White Mixed Blossoms Large
- Ranger Distress Grit Paste
- Berries, Pine cones, Novelty Buttons and charms from my stash