Authentique Gracious Cup of Gratitude Folio Tutorial
Hello, Friends! Today I have a lovely Cup of Gratitude folio tutorial to share with you. This 8×8 flip book is made with Authentique Paper’s Gracious collection and a few Eileen Hull Sizzix Dies. Warm and welcoming as your grandmother’s kitchen, this vintage style folio is a lovely place to write down thankful thoughts, preserve heritage photos, or just hold in your lap and enjoy. The size makes it a perfect addition to your fall home decor, or Thanksgiving table.
Gracious Cup of Gratitude Folio Tutorial: Turning the Eileen Hull Trinket Box into a Shaker Box
The cover features a Teacup resting on a Trinket Box Shaker Frame. These are both Eileen Hull Dies. I added a load of texture and dimension with machine stitching, metallic rick rack, flowers, ribbon, miniature fruit, metal embellishments and wood. It all just feels so cozy.
- First, die cut 2 trinket box lids from mat board. One of my mat board scraps had a lovely linen finish, so I didn’t even have to cover it with designer paper. I simply inked the cut edges with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink. If you have to cover your lid, simply cut a liner from designer paper using the die.
- Next, cut a piece of designer paper that is slightly smaller than the trinket box lid and adhere to the back of the bottom box lid.
- Now, place 3 layers of foam tape around the edges of the bottom box lid. Fill the cavity with sequins, beads, glitter…even small buttons!
- Then Die Cut the Trinket Box Lid from Clear Cardstock. Adhere the cut to the back side of the Trinket Box Lid.
- Finally, remove the liner tape from the foam and carefully line the shaker box top over the shaker box bottom. Press the edges together to seal completely.
- Place adhesive on the back of your shaker box and adhere to the cover of the folio.
Wrap the spine of the folio with gold metallic string. Tie metal embellishments to the loose ends. Then slip ribbon under the metallic string and tie a bow.
Gracious Cup of Gratitude Folio Tutorial: A Peek Inside
Before we jump into the video tour and tutorial, I thought you might like to see a few photos of the folio interior.
There are loads of interactive features. Inside the front cover you will find a pair of magnetic flaps for wallet sized photos or journaling. The pocket beneath holds one of my cherished vintage silver demitasse spoons from Italy, a tea bag and a honey stick.
The 2nd page is a hidden pocket with a large pull out photo mount.
Next we have a large pocket with inserts and photo mount. Then a fun little pull out page that also serves to hold the waterfall beneath it in place.
Gracious Cup of Gratitude Folio Tutorial: The Video
It was too hard to photograph all the elements inside this folio, so I put together a very short video tour with tips and tricks. That is followed by a step by step tutorial where we make the base and mechanisms together. I hope you enjoy!
I hope I’ve shared some tips, tricks and techniques that you can enjoy in your own crafty adventures. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Authentique Paper
- 5 Sheets of 8 1/2″ x 11 brown cardstock, plus more for matting . I also used scraps of green cardstock that I had in my stash
- Eileen Hull Dies
- Teacup (retired)
- Trinket Box
- Gift Card Holder and Tag #2
- Little Birdie Mi Amour Flowers/Ivory
- Cream/Moss Gingham Ribbon
- Gold Metallic String
- Antique Bronze Drawer Pulls
- Mini Bulldog Clips/Bronze
- Spoons from my stash
- Oak Leaves
- Wood Embellishments from my stash (Kaisercraft???)
- Mat Board or heavy chipboard for die cuts
- Clear Cardstock
Basic Cutting Guide
- Folio Base
- (2) 8 1/2″ x 8 panels of brown cardstock, score 1/2″ flap to make 8″ x 8″ square for the covers
- (1) 8 1/4″ x 7 3/4″ panel for the middle page/score 1/2″ flap
- (1) 11″ x 6 1/2″ panel for the pull out page scored at 1/2″, 6 1/4″, 10″
- Waterfall Pages
- (4) 6″ x 7 1/2″ panels of designer paper/score 1/2″ flap
- Hidden Pocket
- 8 3/4″ x 7 3/4″. Score 1/2″ flaps on both sides to make 7 3/4″ square
- 6 1/2″ x 11″ brown cardstock scored at 4 1/4″ for pocket insert
Thanks for sharing this folio, Kathy. The rich Autumn feel of it starts with the cover and runs throughout the pages to that last little piece on the back cover. My “cup” is overflowing with gratitude for all that you’ve shared on your blog and videos this year…so I’ll thank you by having a cup of tea in your honor!
….as always adorable and fun. Hugs
You have done it again. Love all the loving touches! Is that Chai Pumpkin Spice good??? I have been tempted, but tea isn’t cheap. Curious. Love this one with all the lovely touches everywhere. Hugs to you.
Kathy, this is so bright and cheerful!! I just love all the embellishments on the cover, with the apples and pears – the complete layout of the folio is wonderful – beautiful work!!
Thanks Kathy, you always educate me on your tips and tricks. You never cease to amaze me with you beautiful creations. Looking forward to making one of these.
Oh my Kathy…this Gracious folio is truly lovely! It really looks like it could of come straight from your grandmother’s house! Luv the front shaker frame …awesome idea!!! I have several unused frames! Thanks! And the teacup…straight from the china cupboard!!! Your front cover is awesome! And all the tips and tricks in the tutorial to make the folio …very helpful!!! I don’t have these beautiful papers …but wishing I did! Gee … I so need to use some of my stash first!!! Thanks for sharing this beautiful creation! Can’t wait to see what the white one will become! ….hugs, Suzy Q
This is a beauty, cover to cover! The fall paper, images and colors are so yummy 🙂
Wow Kathy, this folio is gorgeous. Cozy with some nostalgia thrown in. I love how you did the shaker element with that beautiful teacup. Of course your embellishments are to die for. And those darling charms on the spine! Oh my! I adore that little teacup! Authentique has some of the prettiest paper collections for Fall. This folio really does make me want to sit by my fireplace and have a cup of tea! Thank you so much for sharing and also for your fab video. The tips and tricks you showed us are greatly appreciated! Hugs!
You always get me on the fruit! LOVE this cover, and the Eileen cup all in floral…just gorgeous!