Authentique Purebred Pet Sympathy Card with the February Ribbon Club
Hello, Friends! Sometimes we have to send a sad card. This soft, vintage style Authentique Purebred Pet Sympathy Card is the perfect way to send your condolences, I’ve paired it up with elegant Blue, Ivory and Gold Plaid Ribbon from the Really Reasonable Ribbon February Ribbon Club. As a matter of fact, all the ribbons in this month’s club work beautifully with this vintage collection.
Authentique Purebred Pet Sympathy Card: Building the Layers
- Begin by creating a 5″ x 7″ top fold card base from kraft cardstock.
- Next, mat a 4 3/4″ x 6 3/4″ panel of the gingham check on navy cardstock.
- Then mat a 4″ x 6″ journal card on navy cardstock .
- Die cut a Spellbinder’s Tiara Rondelle from navy cardstock. Cut in half from left to right.
- Then die cut a Spellbinder’s Large Standard Oval from the paper pieced dog print. Adhere the Tiara Rondelle pieces top and bottom as seen in the photo.
- Now, create a belly band with a 4 3/4″ x 3″ strip of the horizontal print. Adhere thin strips of navy cardstock on the top and bottom to separate the patterned papers.
- Back the 3″ x 4″ image with dimensionals and adhere.
Authentique Purebred Pet Sympathy Card: Finishing Touches
Use your Zutter-Bow-It-All Tool to create a triple loop bow from the plaid ribbon. Arrange the flowers along the left hand side of the card. Place a dot of hot glue under the center of the arrangement. Fold the bow so that the knot is at the front and using the tip of your scissors, push the knot into the hot glue and hold for a second or two. Carefully pull out your scissors and fuss the bow.
To add to the vintage, shabby chic feel of this card, dry brush the edges of the paper layers with a little ivory chalk paint. Paint the wood icons with the same paint and when dry, brush very lightly with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink. Then adhere to the card. Add some pearls, vintage buttons, and paint spatters to finish off the design.
Authentique Purebred Pet Sympathy Card: A Peek Inside
To me, nothing is as comforting as a cup of tea, so I tucked in a little tea bag in a simple pocket. Then I die cut a note card using the Spellbinder’s Cannetille Rectangle Die and tucked it in a side pocket. Then I stamped another cream card panel with a pet sympathy sentiment stamp, added a sticker from the Purebred Collection Kit , and adhered to the face of the pocket.
I hope I’ve shared some tips, techniques and inspiration that you can use in your next crafty adventure. If so, I ‘d love to hear from you in the comment section below. And, you’ll find a linked supply list at the end of this post.
Thanks for stopping by!
- RRR February Ribbon Club
- Authentique Paper Purebred Collection Kit (includes Stickers)
- Buttons and embellishments from my stash
- Pet Sympathy Stamp/retired