Authentique Romance Shaker Valentine Tutorial
Hello, Friends! Don’t you just love the fact that Valentine’s Day comes right after Christmas? Instead of feeling sad that Christmas has all been packed away, we get to create beautiful cards and home decor to celebrate the day of love! This Authentique Romance Shaker Valentine Tutorial will help you get your Valentine’s Day craft on.
I went all shabby chic for this 5 1/4″ x 7 1/4″ Valentine Shaker Card. The focal point is a 3 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ Prima Resin frame that I have turned into a shaker box.
Look at that shabbylicious pink woodgrain paper layer! Ooh la la! This black, cream, pink and rose color palette is perfection.
Even the flowers were taken to the shabby chic day spa for a little treatment with ivory chalk paint and Distress Clear Rock Candy Dry Glitter. They are so pretty in real life, but harder to capture with the camera lens.
Authentique Romance Shaker Valentine Tutorial: Love’s Old Sweet Song
I filled the frame with the Blossom Premium Sequin Mix from Buttons Galore and More. Here’s how I created the focal image inside the frame:
- First, cut a 3 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ panel of the Black and Cream stripe from the Romance 6″ x 6″ Paper Bundle.
- Fussy cut around the floral image from the 3″ x 4″ cut aparts in Romance 8. (Love’s Old Sweet Song). Adhere this to the black stripe paper, being sure to seal the edges down well.
- Next, punch the romantic couple silhouette from the 12″ x 12″ cardstock components sheet. Back with a small piece of waste chipboard and adhere to the panel.
- Adhere a 3 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ panel of clear acrylic cardstock to the back side of the prepared frame. Let this dry thoroughly.
- Since I did not have foam tape in the house (it’s on its way!) I had to create my shaker “box” with cut pieces of chipboard. I cut 3 layers of chipboard for each side. The long sides of the frame measured 4 1/2″ and the short sides 3 1/2″ , so I cut my chipboard to those dimensions. Then I mitered the corners and adhered the chipboard to the frame using 1/2″ scor-tape.
- Fill the shaker frame with sequins, adhere the focal image over the top, and you’re ready to shake it up!
Authentique Romance Shaker Valentine Tutorial: A Peek Inside
If it’s Valentine’s Day, there had better be chocolate. So you’ll find a mini Ghiradelli chocolate treat inside this card.
The pocket at the bottom of the card holds a sweet little tag insert.
Use your scraps to create the belly band, then tuck a small tea wallet behind it.
The 3″ x 4″ cut apart images are sized perfectly for this. I tucked in a miniature silver spoon and honey stick to go with the tea bag.
And there’s even room inside to write a little love note.
Authentique Romance Shaker Valentine Tutorial on YouTube
If you’d like to learn how to make this card, just watch this Authentique Romance Shaker Valentine Tutorial on YouTube.
If you’d like to see some more unique ways to create shaker elements on your cards, check out this post.
I hope I’ve shared some tips, techniques and ideas that you can use in your own crafty adventures. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
Thanks for stopping by!