Authentique Sweetheart Valentine Mini Album Tutorial and Matching Card
Hello, Friends! How are you coming along with your Valentines? If you need a fresh, fun idea for your Valentine party, I have a thought. This Authentique Sweetheart Valentine Mini Album Tutorial will guide you step by step through the process of making an adorable album where you can store all your favorite Valentine photos.
This “from scratch” mini album measures 5′ x 6.5″ with a 2″ spine. I’ve used fresh, fun papers from Authentique’s Sweetheart Collection Kit to make the album. Authentique Spectrum Cardstock in Red Licorice and Tricycle Red is used for matting, photo mounts and on the spine.
The album has a contrasting spine and ribbon closure. I’ve dressed up the spine with some sweet Valentine charms and ribbon.
Don’t you just love these fresh, modern images and patterns? I wanted to create an interactive album that matched the playful feel of these delightful papers.
A fun waterfall cascade starts things out on the right foot, but keep on turning the pages!
You’ll find loads of flaps, fold-outs, flip up pages, pockets, mini file folders and tags inside.
Matching Sweetheart Valentine Gift Wallet
I was having so much fun playing with Sweetheart, that I went ahead and made a quick Valentine to match the mini album.
Here’s how to put the card together:
- First, create a 4.25″ x 6″ top fold card base from off white cardstock.
- Next, mat the heart paper from Sweetheart on both pink and red cardstock.
- Now, paint a piece of corrugate paper with Picket Fence Distress paint. Glue on top.
- Then, die cut Tammy Tutterow Prim Hearts from scraps of paper in the collection. I also used a burlap heart my sweet daughter in law gave me for Christmas. But you could easily substitute another die cut heart here.
- Now the real fun begins. Fussy cut the Cupid image and cover him in embossing ink. Heat emboss with Shabby Ivory Embossing Powder. Pop up on foam dots or waste chipboard.
- Finally embellish with bow, flower, sticker and button.
A Peek Inside
There’s more fun on the inside of this cute Cupid Valentine!
I used scraps to create a little treat wallet.
Inside, I added an envelope die cut with Tammy Tutterow’s Window Mini Pocket Die. Ghiradelli makes mini chocolate treats that fit perfectly in the window. After all, it’s Valentine’s Day and everyone needs a little chocolate treat!
Sweetheart Valentine Mini Album Tutorial on YouTube
So, are you ready to get your craft on? Then grab a cuppa, notebook and pencil and join me for this Sweetheart Valentine Mini Album Tutorial. First we’ll take a tour of the entire album, so you can see how all the interactive elements work. Next, I’ll guide you step by step so you can build your very own album base. You’ll learn how to create the fun tab spine and pocket pages, too! FInally, you’ll get to see all the elements in a photo gallery that will give all kinds of ideas for decorating and finishing your album.
If you enjoy this video, you might like to subscribe to my YouTube Channel. I have dozens crafting videos there. I’d love to have you join me!
Thanks so much for stopping by!