Authentique Tricky Treats Halloween Banner, Shaker Card & Card Folio Trio
Hello, Friends! Today I have a trio of Tricky Treats made with Authentique Tricky Paper Collection. There’s something for everyone here with a boo-tiful home decor banner, a spook-tacular shaker card and a creepy card folio project. This trio of tricky treats is pure Halloween fun, and too cute to spook. Let’s start with the banner.
Authentique Tricky Treats #1: Boo-tiful Banner
Nothing says ” Halloween Party” like a boo-tiful banner! This one comes together quickly thanks to the fiendishly fabulous patterns and images found in Authentique’s new Tricky collection and some of my trusty cutting dies.
You’l find links to the supplies and dies that I used at the end of this post. To make quick work of building this boo-tiful banner, it helps to follow a recipe.
- First, die cut the banner base layer from black cardstock.
- Next, die cut a mix of patterned papers.
- Then, die cut some black doilies, or use black doilies that you have in your stash.
- Now, die cut stars from goth black cardstock and patterned paper.
- Next, die cut Tim Holtz Hocus Pocus Images from both black cardstock and patterned papers.
- Then glue the patterned die cuts to the black cardstock, offsetting slightly to create a shadow. This helps the image to POP off the page.
- Use a circle die to cut out a patterned paper center for each doily. If you don’t have a circle die that matches the size of your doily, simply trace the inside edge of the doily onto patterned paper and cut with scissors.
- Layer everything up with foam tape or waste chipboard.
These witch legs crack me up! Easy to fussy cut, I layered them up with foam tape, then added some die cut Halloween numbers.
Each pennant is attached to 1.5″ Black Plaid Ribbon with a Tim Holtz Binder Clip. Orange and Gold Shimmer Ribbon bows are tied between the pennants.
It only takes a moment to fussy cut this spider web but it makes a real visual impact. So worth the time! And, how about this cute black bat popped up on foam tabs? Adding dimension to a project adds visual interest. Purple flowers add contrast and a bold pop of color as well.
Authentique Tricky Treats #2: Tricky Shaker Card
True confession: I’m hooked on shaker cards. They sparkle, they move, then make a fun noise when you shake them…what could be better than that?
This 5″ x 7″ easel style shaker really takes things to the next level.
Trim the sentiment from the top of a sheet of Tricky designer paper and mat it on purple cardstock. Then weave it between your fingers to give it this wavy shape. Glue down the ends and the middle and just like that, you’ve got a fun stopper element for this easel card. I found these cheeky crows in my stash, and had to add them to the card…aren’t they fun?
Authentique Tricky Treats #3: Halloween Card Folio for Grown Up Ghouls
How about a spook-tacular card folio for grown up ghouls? This 5″ x 7″ treat fits the bill.
This is such a quick and easy make! Just create a 5″ x 7″ card base with a 1/2″ spine. Then add a layer of this pretty dot paper, a strip of diagonal stripes and stitch the focal panel to black cardstock. Create some paper rosettes and layer it all up with pretty flowers, ribbon, tine, buttons and whatever other goodies catch your eye.
Just for fun, use a watch face in the center of your paper rosette. Or maybe a corduroy button. And why not invite a little black cat to the party?
How about a cup of orange and spice tea…with honey, of course! I also created this little 3.25″ x 4.5″ accordion fold folio with leftover pieces on my work space. This is such a great way to clean up scraps, make something pretty and tidy up your work space all at the same time.
I decorated both sides of this little folio with bits and pieces of designer paper.
How fun would it be to leave one of these fiendishly fabulous cards on a co-worker’s desk with a note that says, “You’ve been booed!” ?
I hope these Authentique Tricky Treats have sparked your imagination with some ideas for your own Halloween decor. If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below.
Thanks for stopping by!
Authentique Tricky Collection, Black Cardstock, Deep Purple Cardstock
- Cutting Dies:
- Ribbon: Bold Black and White Plaid, Purple Hemp, Tangerine Chevron Ribbon, 1.5″ Black Gingham, Tangerine with Gold Shimmer Satin Ribbon
- From my stash: 1/4″ Scor-tape, Sequins and buttons, Clear Acetate Cardstock, Foam tape, Tim Holtz/Idea-Ology Hinge Clips